The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Security Threat

Pete

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is that the problem is with us, it's too late to suddenly change policy to 'keep out the bad men' - many of them are here, many of them are British citizens, unfortunately we don't tend to find out exactly who they are until their bodyparts are removed from our pavements.

Oh ok, you were agreeing in principal with what I was saying, wasn't sure, what with you being as quarrelsome as you are. ;)

I believe this plot is due to Britain allowing the Americans to use its airports as a base to fly arms out to the Israelies.

Controlled Imigration is a good thing, we still need skilled workers from Abroad to fill the skill shortage we have here, the problem is we don't just allow skilled workers it is everyman and his dog.

I believe this plot is due to Britain allowing the Americans to use its airports as a base to fly arms out to the Israelies.

Controlled Imigration is a good thing, we still need skilled workers from Abroad to fill the skill shortage we have here, the problem is we don't just allow skilled workers it is everyman and his dog.

Skilled workers have wives, husbands, children..... BOOM

why the UK all the time ?

Because of the hand outs at a guess.

I believe countries in the EU do have quotas of asylum seekers that they should accept. As we live in Blighty, we hear more about what happens here. Go to Germany and you`ll probably hear similar stories. Like said above, it`s not about that anyway.

Saw something the other day about this, GP in polans paid £400 a month. Comes to uk and earns £4k a month. Hmm. So I can understand why but is it putting UK residents out of work?

We have tons of people from Poland because we are the only country they can work in. When they were accepted into the EU nearly all the states except UK banned the right to work in other member countries for the new members. Hence all the Polish waiters etc and all the Polish cars running about that can't be done by speed cameras and paying no road tax.

m.

Saw something the other day about this, GP in polans paid £400 a month. Comes to uk and earns £4k a month. Hmm. So I can understand why but is it putting UK residents out of work?

Huh....so how many polish GPs do you know, not that easy to work in the NHS you know....plus they talk about shortage of doctors on one hand, yet dont have the funds to afford more doctors....LOL - the days of Free medical care are numbered anyway.

Do you really believe that its the immigrants are taking jobs away from the locals....I dont....perhaps the polish are hard working people, they want to earn a living and arent embarassed to take a low paid job.

As long as they work, pay taxes, I dont have a problem....cause if they dont do those jobs, no-one will, not the locals anyway..they are too good for it.

Because of the hand outs at a guess.

I believe countries in the EU do have quotas of asylum seekers that they should accept. As we live in Blighty, we hear more about what happens here. Go to Germany and you`ll probably hear similar stories. Like said above, it`s not about that anyway.

thanks man for an intelligent reply rather than a dig ;)

My step-mother is a doctor and she is Polish.

She does earn a pittance over there but so do most people. There aren't actually any professional jobs that carry high wages. But in comparison the cost of living is a lot cheaper there too.

My step-siblings are all studying two degrees one a doctorate, one a law degree and the other for architecture, just so that they can get a decent wage - and they can all speak 4 languages! :blink:

Makes you wonder about the lazy arse people in this country that can't even be bothered to dress themselves on a morning.

My step-mum has been offered enormous wages to come and work here but she’s not interested. I can see why as well.

Huh....so how many polish GPs do you know, not that easy to work in the NHS you know....plus they talk about shortage of doctors on one hand, yet dont have the funds to afford more doctors....LOL - the days of Free medical care are numbered anyway.

Do you really believe that its the immigrants are taking jobs away from the locals....I dont....perhaps the polish are hard working people, they want to earn a living and arent embarassed to take a low paid job.

As long as they work, pay taxes, I dont have a problem....cause if they dont do those jobs, no-one will, not the locals anyway..they are too good for it.

I have to agree-Where i work most of the cleaners are Lithuanian and are some of the most friendly people i know-Willing to work hard and work and live legally

i do think a lot of immigrants are here for the handouts cause you see them all hanging around on street corners and outside the YMCA doing nowt-not exactly doing much.

And we have to kick a load of them out for pestering the young girls a lot of the time as well.

As for immigtation tightening up due to terrorism isnt going to work as most of them are born and bred over here in the first place.

We have tons of people from Poland because we are the only country they can work in. When they were accepted into the EU nearly all the states except UK banned the right to work in other member countries for the new members. m.

Tis true, for some reason our beloved government decided to accept anyone from the EU expansion countries who wanted to come here ("hey, it's a free Europe and emmigration in different directions will cancel out any net growth in population" :rolleyes: ). Notice only the UK, Ireland and Sweden took this stance. All the 'pro-Europe' countries such as Denmark, Holland, Germany and France retained their rights to refuse East Europeans entry.

A couple of years later and we have at least 500,000 new immigrants.

After a year of UK citizanship their family members are allowed to come here soon.

Two more Eastern European countries gain EU membership on 1 January 2007.

All this in a country with the third highest population density in the world and a desparate shortage of housing. Hmmm, the natural rate of population growth is virtually flat, I wonder why there's suddenly a shortage of houses and house prices are so high?

(almost totally off topic for this thread though)

:looney: