The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Security Threat

Pete

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bomb proof plane would never get off the runway... Well actually an almost bomb proof plane can but thats an A10 and it carries only one passenger.

they were focusing more on bomb proofing the containers that luggage is stored in.,

and after today it looks as tho hand luggage will be a thing of the past - so maybe this will work.

admittedly if they were to try and bomb proof the body of the plane it would weigh too much.

Problem is you can't bomb proof anything. You could try enclosing an area in stupid strength armour for instance. Unfortunately the more you enclose an explosive the more potent it becomes. A hand grenade is a very very small amount of explosive but its effectiveness is a hundred fold because its encased in steel.

if a bomb went off in a bomb proof cargo hold,surely it would cause "some" devastation inside the plane but the plane body would stay intact ?

We don't know it's a Muslim of the extremist variety yet remember.

Last I heard on Radio4 many airlines were going to cancel their flights.

If it does turn out that some radical Muslims do succeed in some kind of attack involving the deaths of many innocents I imagine we can expect a severe backlash from the (largely ignorant) public targetted towards many muslims.

So glad I don't live in a city.

So it would appear that they are all Australians :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4782343.stm

well, being from high wycombe - and living just round the corner from the raids - its manic here.....

i got told earlier today one of the guys has been released without charge.....

was watching "fox news" earlier..... arrogance and blatent racism in its purest form! - what ever happened to innocent till proven guilty?!

yeh i missed the words "terrorist defending".

as i believe you do defend them,and beliefs like yours have no place in this forum,or the Uk.

terrorist defending? - america and the uk are doing the same thing with israel... oh but hang on - they aint muslim are they :innocent:

What's in a name?

Just because they've all got "funny sounding" names doesn't mean they're darker skinned.

Don Stewart-Whyte, 21, from High Wycombe, reportedly changed his name to Abdul Waheed when he converted to Islam just six months ago.

He was arrested during a raid on a house in Hepplewhite Close, High Wycombe.

Raid in High Wycombe

Raid in High Wycombe

According to neighbours, the property belonged to a white man whose behaviour had altered when he took up the religion.

An 18-year-old local, who did not want to be named, said: "He converted to Islam about six months ago and grew a full beard.

"He used to smoke weed and drink a lot, but he is completely different now."

Nice to see that theyre not all blinded by the media BS.

Media BS? I think the media in this country is very liberal in their reporting. I Dont think since the Iraq war started (2nd one) that they've supported the governments stance over anything relating to the middle east.

Media BS? I think the media in this country is very liberal in their reporting. I Dont think since the Iraq war started (2nd one) that they've supported the governments stance over anything relating to the middle east.

Not everyone watches BBC news, and nor was i refering to the media in England as a whole, if like the millions you have digital TV then theres CNN and FOX News which are both neither liberal and are very Bias.

How about the papers?.....lol a complete joke!