The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thor Dyno Results

Dragonball

Visited Pete today - everyone from the South - lot easier to get to than even the last place - straight up the M40

Big thanks to the guys as always - I actually couldn't watch!

Very happy with the results as finally got some figures on the hybrids

Miami-Rice Stage 3 Hybrids (these are pre-enlarged wastegate model)

UK Spec Fuel Pump

FSE adjustable fuel regulator

550 Injectors

Blitz SBC-ID

Loads of Bling and LED''s

402.9 HP

376.8 Ft Torque

1.3 BAR

They had to take loads of fuelling out - car feels great - and I mean really great - so much so that the Warickshire Constabulary pulled me over - see next thread!

These are the final two

Red Line - No boost controller on

Blue Line - Boost Controller at 50% Set and 15% gain (got spiking if higher)

http://www.mpaconsultancy.co.uk/miamirice/images/Boost.jpg

Hi Paul,

When you blew your stock jap turbos, you got 397.6 HP at 1.3 bar....you put it on the BBS as a thread. I can never link threads successfully on this browser for some reason, but the title was:

"397.6 HP and then..how far can ceramic turbos shoot out of a superdragger?"

Anyway, with your hybrids, you got 402.9 HP - just 5.3 HP more.

Does this mean that the hybrids just allow you to run high boost more reliably but don't actually generate significantly more power at the same level of boost? Or were there other differences between the car when it had the stockers to when you put the hybrids on that might account for this?

Yours puzzled,

Cliff

Originally posted by Tannhauser

Hi Paul,

When you blew your stock jap turbos, you got 397.6 HP at 1.3 bar....you put it on the BBS as a thread. I can never link threads successfully on this browser for some reason, but the title was:

Does this mean that the hybrids just allow you to run high boost more reliably but don't actually generate significantly more power at the same level of boost? Or were there other differences between the car when it had the stockers to when you put the hybrids on that might account for this?

Yours puzzled,

Cliff

Cliff i dont know what happened to Pauls readings before the turbos blew but i really dont believe the HP figures that came out , the car feels a LOT stronger now with the Hybrids as does the UK ive got in , its hard to describe but FEELS STRONGER sums it up pretty well .

Dude :flame Dev

What about the whole power curve rather than the peak horsepower? I've seen a parallel twin conversion that gave a great peak torque figure, but it turned out that was an overboost spike at 4000ish rpm, the rest of the power curve was, well, not as great :)

You can get lots of power out of an engine just before it blows up :D Hybrids give the same amount for somewhat longer, and by god they do feel stronger.

-Ian

Originally posted by Tannhauser

Hi Paul,

Yours puzzled,

Cliff

No idea m8 - really cant explain it

When my stock ones went - there was a very significant rise from the 350 HP mark - when it started to bottom out power-wise- through to the point at which they blew

This was something I can only attribute to them spooling out of control or some mass boost creep - or perhaps leaning out so much that these figure was produced

The 350 mark was a justifiable figure for a car with my mods then Jap spec pump and injectors etc etc

These hybrids produce real pulling power (and at my age I need that!) with a lovely curve - UK spec injectors and fuel pump plus the FSE (I know - great isn't it! LOL!)

When that 2nd turbo comes on - there is a real difference

:thumbs:

How about posting up your old dyno plots from the trip when the ceramics went pop.

Should make an interesting comparison (especially to see the shape of the curves and whether the old figure of 397 was just a peak) and be a good ad. for the new hybrids.

On the boost curve above (hybrids) they certainly seem to hold boost to the redline, which is obviously a good thing. (Provided egt's and fuelling are ok)

Nice one, congrats...

Dan

Originally posted by Paul E

This was something I can only attribute to them spooling out of control or some mass boost creep - or perhaps leaning out so much that these figure was produced

The 350 mark was a justifiable figure for a car with my mods then Jap spec pump and injectors etc etc

I did wonder if this might be it. Your car seemed to be producing more power compared to others with stock turbos running similar boost (or even more than 1.3bar) iirc.

Dan, Paul's testing-to-destruction dyno plot with the stockers is already on here. I'll try and post a link to it, though this seldom works for me:

Try this

Cliff

Originally posted by Syed Shah

How much torque was made last time? Maybe that accounts for the differences.

A overlay of the new and old HP and TQ curves would be interesting.

BTW, Usmann, you should tell the F1 boys about the discovery in your sig ;)

Forget the last results IMHO - the death throes of knackered turbos

The new turbos are pushing out about 380lbs with good fuelling (not leaned out to increase power)

Originally posted by Patrick_Devlin

Have you got used to them yet Paul? Not affraid of them still!! :p

Quietly plodding along m8 - quietly plodding:thumbs: :p

I really haven't put the second down in anger yet - the kickdown still scares the bejabbers outa me - and I want it nice and dry before I start wheelspinning at 100!

:)