The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just seen Miami Vice Movie

rob wild

I really want to see this...Is Jamie Foxx in it? :love:

Yup Jamie Foxx is in it.

What I wouldn't give for a Jamie Foxx/Will Smith sandwich. Errr sorry I don't know what came over me there.

Yeah my miss's and her friend starting saying something like that after the film, then i get told off for just err arr glancing at a 20 something year old blonde with intresting err eyes, coming out of the cinema, man the injustice! :)

seeing it at the weekend, we have a baby sitter:D

Dont bother. It's crap.

Acting is rubbish, dialogue is rubbish, camera work is disjointed and grainy, some of the Colombian accents are a bit too strong for a commercial audience etc etc etc.

However the power boats, cars and guns were cool! And the Ferrari with flames?? Stupid. Seriously overfuelling I think!

Andy

Seriously overfuelling I think!

Andy, i think it likely it was some kind of daft movie prop, they looked so unnatural

the guys i went with were laughing at me cos of the fuss i made over the daft blue flames!

The gunfight was AMAZING!

I totally didnt see that plot twist coming though, i mean, after a 2 hour film, for it all to be a dream? what the heck!!

The film was awful, one of the most boring I've seen Mann make. The acting was shocking, the story as lame as anythign John Woo churns out. Zero for entertainment, zero for acrting, the only good part is the cinematography. Really though, very, very dissapointing.

Yeah my miss's and her friend starting saying something like that after the film, then i get told off for just err arr glancing at a 20 something year old blonde with intresting err eyes, coming out of the cinema, man the injustice! :)

Point is that they could never make their dreams come true, while you can ;)

I was disappointed too...but then can't say I've watched the series either (too young :) ).

I thought it lacked, for want of better word, COOL.

The camera work at times, just confused, the gunfight at the end...well at one point I had no idea who was dieing...and what happened to the snipers who took the other snipers out? Did they pack up and go? Or just watch a drawn out gun fight cause they certainly didn't shoot anyone else!!

The flames out of the F430...i think it's done by buring methanol? Can anyone confirm that?...but more 2F2F driving, on a highway in 3rd screaming the nuts off the engine (which sounded great but managed to twitch my mechanical sympathy bone) without getting anywhere.

Agreed Farrell's accent was suspect at different times. And WTF was that on Foxx's chin? :) None of the birds were that nice, IMO the role of the far east lady should have been given to Eva Mendez...and thus a South American.

At the end of the day, I think it was trying to be Bad Boys...only it failed. Some humour would have been good, it's like they spent a year practicing steely stares in a mirror...

The cars, guns, boats and planes etc were all great...but it felt like it was a show real for them...rather than a good story. But like I said I didn't watch the original and I don't know if that's what the series was about anyway.

I'm quite suprised, I mean didn't Mann produce the original series?

Which I think is why everyone thought it would be a fantastic movie...and I expect the budget deserved a better end product.

A lot of the probs could have been down to poor editing.

i can't see me watching this movie, unless its on Sky and nothing else is on.

it didn't feel like Miami Vice one bit from the clips i have seen. it could have been any other action movie, if it had a different name.

would anyone have tied it to MV if it did not have Crockett and Tubbs as character names, and the Miami Vice name attached.

the movie reviews seem to slate it in a big way.

the days of the original Miami Vice should have been somehow recaptured. I would imagine anyone who was around in the 80s watched the original series, and it was a classic.

still laugh when i remember the Phil Collins episode where he called some guy a 'w*nker'.

personally, i think Colin Farrell is vastly over-rated. watched him the other night in Alexander, and it was a useless movie. even Troy with Brad Pitt was better.

interested to know how Colin Farrell made the jump from playing Danny in Ballykissangel to Hollywood.

if they had used older actors it may have been better, and also had ties to the original TV series.

have no idea if Jan Hammer did the music, but that would have been one good point if he did.

always liked the MV ep with Ted Nugent, where they were burying all the sports cars with sand.