The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CAT needed to pass MOT

Sheefa

I don't know which is best, but the 2nd one would be a lot easier to fit - specially if you're only going to take it straight off after the test.

There was one on ebay last week but it's probably sold by now - might be worth a search though.

sheefa off topic but do you have any sound clips of your full decat superdragger? sorry cant help on cat as iv sold both of my spare ones.

• 6 months later...

You need a cat? ive got the first cat from jspec tt if you want to borrow it you are welcome to come and collect it :)

The 2nd cat is the easier one to replace though as its right in the middle (ish) underneath so easier to get to. if you have no luck sourcing a 2nd cat then as i say the 1st one i have you are free to take for the next 8/9 months :D

just a quickie - how are you guys removing and replacing the cat?

Is it easy enough to do on a driveway? Or do u need a garage to do it? And how long does it take roughly?

Easy job if you can get under the car on your drive. There's just two nuts and bolts each end of the 2nd cat.

The first cat is a bit more difficult, and a lot more risky if it hasn't been off for years.

This is Greg we're talking about though ;)

He says he has a "HKS Super Dragger Full Decat system" but I presume he has a Dragger and a decat system, rather than a full system from the turbos back.

Whether his full decat is in one or two pieces is anyone's guess, it could be either, but one-piece decats are quite rare because they aren't a great idea from the MoT point of view.

But the emissions test is computerised isnt it? So theres no way to get around it with your own car?

Its normally only the actual test thats computerised for paperwork etc, the actual test itself is the same as always so always ways for fiddling everything still..

Emissions wise, Greg, what age is your car? its easier to mot a pre 1995 car (01/09/1995 i think it is) as if the MOT tester is nice enough he could always put it through as a N/A and they don't have a specific match in the database so then have to be tested using default limits which is 3.5% CO on idle which is very hard not to pass! It also doesn't state in the print out what model is tested so no one will know that a TT was tested as a N/A...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.