The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Supra- it runs!!!!!

Supragal

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Stuck valve freed, purrrrrrs like a kitten. Ok well the PAS pump is noisey as hell and a couple of other bits but IT RUNS!!!!!!

I drove it around in an attempt to make the socket we 'lost' down the back fall out but nothing.... damn. Never mind.

So now it can really star moving on :D

Well chuffed can't believe it!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done :ecstatic: ... dont worry the PAS will quiet down when bubbles and stuff get out of it - mine did it for a little while after I changed the intercooler..

jack the front wheels off the floor, remove the Power steering reservoir cap and turn the wheels lock to lock untill all noise has gone:)

Nice one Rosie, its good to see a bit more progress

jack the front wheels off the floor, remove the Power steering reservoir cap and turn the wheels lock to lock untill all noise has gone:)

Nice one Rosie, its good to see a bit more progress

already done this loads, the major screaming has stopped all but on full lock but it's still whining loud. Will see how it is tomorrow :)

Still a fair way to go with the alarm and interior and has anyone heard from Gibson and Boyne recently as they have my seats and I can't seem to get hold of them??

Oh yes and suffered some paint damage :( Quite major too :cry:

Someone tells me GVN are good- anyone verify that? They need to be sh*t hot, not just good to match this paint!!!!

my cars there at the moment having major work done. They are supposed to be the best. Easy people to talk to too

glad to hear its running, how did you free the stuck valve?

Removed camshaft, repeatedly tapped it until it came up, WD40, oil (lots of it) left it to soak overnight. Next day was still a bit slow to return so refitted cam shaft and turned it manually and it freed up almost immediately just needed the extra pressure that we couldnt get on it by hand.

The plan.

I have pm'd Matt about finishing the alarm( he needed engine running to complete) lots more interior turning up tomorrow (thank you jezzybabes and homer!) then 19/20 weekend Laz will finish the arches and in between times we'll get anything still missing from Toyota I guess. Then MOT then GAME ON!

I'm sure we will find bits as we go- for example the ignition barrel light never goes off and that drains the battery, brake lights have stopped working even though we got them working last weekend, few gremlins like that. The FCON etc need plumbing back in, hoping it's still mapped.

I take nothing for granted with that car!!! It's never easy and something else always goes wrong/crops up!

Removed camshaft, repeatedly tapped it until it came up, WD40, oil (lots of it) left it to soak overnight. Next day was still a bit slow to return so refitted cam shaft and turned it manually and it freed up almost immediately just needed the extra pressure that we could get on it by hand.

The plan.

I have pm'd Matt about finishing the alarm( he needed engine running to complete) lots more interior turning up tomorrow (thank you jezzybabes and homer!) then 19/20 weekend Laz will finish the arches and in between times we'll get anything still missing from Toyota I guess. Then MOT then GAME ON!

I'm sure we will find bits as we go- for example the ignition barrel light never goes off and that drains the battery, brake lights have stopped working even though we got them working last weekend, few gremlins like that. The FCON etc need plumbing back in, hoping it's still mapped.

I take nothing for granted with that car!!! It's never easy and something else always goes wrong/crops up!

Do you still want a supra? hows about a nice bentley:(