Soop Dogg

So i guess all you guys dont watch the tv, go to the cinema
I don't

buy Dvds
nope

read news papers-magazines
nope

listen to the radio

There's no adverts on the radio stations I listen to.

or even walk down the high street.

God no!

Speaking as a forum member that hit his pride and joy on xmas eve, Some of the 'pointless advertising of parts prices availability etc' actually helped me to rebuild my car.
Really? I find that hard to believe. Can you point me towards these off-topic, mid-thread adverts that helped you so much?

Are you sure you aren't speaking as a trader rather than as a forum member?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by SonicSoop viewpost.gif

I don't think any of the traders on here would give duff information (and it go unnoticed) to sell stuff..? We usually all have a fair comment on things... :)

You're joking aren't you? Remember the fallout when a few of us pulled Bijal up on his spurious claims about HKS turbos? I shan't be contributing to things like that again, let the duff information flow!

...and traders selling second-hand rod bearings that will apparently fit any Supra.

...and the fervent promotion of high tech devices like the FSE Power Boost FPR thing.

Really? I find that hard to believe. Can you point me towards these off-topic, mid-thread adverts that helped you so much?

Are you sure you aren't speaking as a trader rather than as a forum member?

So how many brandnames of things you have bought and brandnames of things you will never buy do you know off.. Thousands i bet...

I meant the threads that i read where someone has talked about say, a Nur Spec and a trader tells you prices... thats helpful..

At the end of the day, we as owners need the best choice of products and prices to make the best decisions we can for our motors..

If we stop feeding the traders, they wont be able to provide the services/development we take for granted..

Ive been working for MKivstore for 1 week, Im hardly a trader.. this is MHO

I meant the threads that i read where someone has talked about say, a Nur Spec and a trader tells you prices... thats helpful..
OK, but if there's a thread about a Nur Spec and a trader walks in and tells you the price of a HKS Superdragger, how can that be helpfull? Its not unless someone has asked how the price of the Nur Spec compares to other items.

You talk about being forced to see adverts on the TV. Very true, unless you watch paid for stations like the BBC or Sky Movies (as examples) where you can watch the entire program/movie without an interruption from an advert. The same goes for here. People don't pay a membership fee to see unhelpfull adverts pop up in the middle of a thread. Traders have plenty of oppotunities to sell through the forum, there is no need for irrelevant adverts to be placed all over the place.

:yeahthat:

Some people seem to missing the original point.

I have no problem with a trader advertising something in a thread where someone for example is the various merits of a number of different brands of the same object. e.g. exhaust etc.

But when a trader (like in Garfy's thread) posts a blatant advert in the middle of a discussion and it's totally irrelevant to the thread (no-one in the thread was referring to other makes etc) then I think it's taking the pi$$ - sorry!

Yes, they pay their money, but that's for their trader section. They should use that for such adverts. Obviously it's fine to contribute to a thread where a product comes up in conversation and someone asks where they can get it from or how much does it cost etc.

Bloody hell you are a whingy git ...

I will continue to post in a section that advertises stuff being sold or promoted by non-paying pseudo traders... why should they be able to do it and not me? (when my claim is legitimate)

I would not think of interupting a thread where it would be inappropriate...

If you dont like it then get them to pay their fees like everyone else and you wont get a peep out of me.. in the meantime... tough :)

Paul, Again you retort to name calling. You're being pathetic. And yes you were completely wrong in both counts over the exhaust thread. You had no right to post an advert or complain that someone had work done via an external (to this BBS) trader.

Advertise STRICTLY where it is requested by the original thread poster.

Guest Garfy
Paul, Again you retort to name calling. You're being pathetic. And yes you were completely wrong in both counts over the exhaust thread. You had no right to post an advert or complain that someone had work done via an external (to this BBS) trader.

Advertise STRICTLY where it is requested by the original thread poster.

Thankyou.

Guest Garfy
I wondered when you would be along... have you been given permission to be out of school?

:)

Go back to Tumbleweed II

Why Paul, Why.

Why Paul, Why.

lol - Yeah my sentiments too. :thumbs:

But on the up side any thread that Paul makes a berk of himself in is a good thread IMO :)

Hey Paul why don't you write the mods again and BEG them to stop me pointing out all of your failings :)

Paul,

Don't lose sight of why this forum is here in the first place.

For a member to post about his mate/relative starting to deal in items that might be of benefit to the Supra community (in this case exhausts) can hardly make him a "pseudo trader". I thought this was one of the main purposes of the forum - a place where Supra enthusiasts can help each other out and we can all benefit. Now, if the members on here - having now seen the guys work because of the thread posted by Garfy - say they are interested, then he might apply to advertise on here as a trader. The more traders that are on the board the better it is for all of us punters because competition develops.

But then some traders don't like competition and start calling other traders (and sometimes it seems, members who dare to mention them) pathetic schoolyard names.

This forum was set up by an enthusiast for the good of other enthusiasts - NOT by a trader.

How else do you expect us to hear of new business ventures that might interest us if another member does not bring them to our attention?

Bloody hell you are a whingy git ...

I will continue to post in a section that advertises stuff being sold or promoted by non-paying pseudo traders... why should they be able to do it and not me? (when my claim is legitimate)

I would not think of interupting a thread where it would be inappropriate...

If you dont like it then get them to pay their fees like everyone else and you wont get a peep out of me.. in the meantime... tough :)

OK, you quote me, right now, here, in this thread, the exact words the Powerflow people used to advertise their wares in that thread. I want to see a price, a location, a phone number/contact details, and details of any special fitting offers and bundles.

-Ian

Guest Garfy
Paul,

Don't lose sight of why this forum is here in the first place.

For a member to post about his mate/relative starting to deal in items that might be of benefit to the Supra community (in this case exhausts) can hardly make him a "pseudo trader". I thought this was one of the main purposes of the forum - a place where Supra enthusiasts can help each other out and we can all benefit. Now, if the members on here - having now seen the guys work because of the thread posted by Garfy - say they are interested, then he might apply to advertise on here as a trader. The more traders that are on the board the better it is for all of us punters because competition develops.

But then some traders don't like competition and start calling other traders (and sometimes it seems, members who dare to mention them) pathetic schoolyard names.

This forum was set up by an enthusiast for the good of other enthusiasts - NOT by a trader.

How else do you expect us to hear of new business ventures that might interest us if another member does not bring them to our attention?

I couldn't have said it better myself

OK, you quote me, right now, here, in this thread, the exact words the Powerflow people used to advertise their wares in that thread. I want to see a price, a location, a phone number/contact details, and details of any special fitting offers and bundles.

-Ian

LOL! Dont make me larf - the whole thing is an advert... :blink:

i.e. one paragraph - i dont have time for the rest

"If you are thinking about going for a powerflow exhaust it would be worth you hanging on for a bit, or let me know what you get quoted because I am sure my Uncle will do it for less, I will be getting mine done on Thursday evening so I will be taking photos and reporting my findings.

Give me a call if you like 07788 973757"

What part of this requires clarification? - the will to sell? - the contact details? or the pricing promise? - sounds like selling to me...? :search:

And my complaint was not about 'Garfy' the individual (good luck to you if he can get away with it) but about the allowing of advertising by non-paying traders...if they have a product they 'think' might sell then pay up like everyone else....it called retail marketing

If 'for the good of the forum community' then these will be sold at cost...?

Lets see... :cool:

The community is interested in knowledge...and so by seeing what sort of deal/product you can get from a Powerflow dealer is of interest.

If Garfy had put up "Right who wants one, Group buy etc etc..." then the mods would have certainly had a word. But he didn't. You took umbridge too fast because your latest dodgy product is an exhaust...and if it's anything like that SMIC it'll be shite.

Whoops managed to wander off topic again :)

The community is interested in knowledge...and so by seeing what sort of deal/product you can get from a Powerflow dealer is of interest.

Advertising a service or sale = trading

Pay the fee.. not a problem..

You are getting desperate now Alex - must be getting to you :D

Advertising a service or sale = trading

Paul,

quick question so every member who advertises some thing should be a trader? That is what your saying as I read it or have I read some thing different ??

Michael,

had to ask the question mate! ;)