The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mid-Thread Advertising

Soop Dogg

Surely just discussion for the sake of...?

However for the sake of a quiet life :) my perception would be as follows

My uncles company making exhausts for supras - for which I will do you a great price - I have one on mine and it's great - call me for details... = Trading

I have an exhaust off mine to sell... = Individual sale

Am I being difficult, objectionable, unreasonable in this view?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Dont make me larf - the whole thing is an advert... :blink:

i.e. one paragraph - i dont have time for the rest

"If you are thinking about going for a powerflow exhaust it would be worth you hanging on for a bit, or let me know what you get quoted because I am sure my Uncle will do it for less, I will be getting mine done on Thursday evening so I will be taking photos and reporting my findings.

Give me a call if you like 07788 973757"

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have done that, my bad, but if you read the complete thread and not just the part that has been picked out for the purpose of this discussion you will see that I was replying to supra_srj's question, he was going to buy a powerflow exhaust the very next day, so I was trying to save a fellow forum member money and help them out, which if I am not very much mistaken, is what this forum is all about, and seeing as though he had already decided he was going to get a powerflow exhaust and no traders on this forum sell them then I was not taking any business from anyone.

I did not quote any prices, and all I said was I'm sure my uncle could do it for less, which again doesn't take any business from anyone here because no price was quoted, and he wasn't buying an exhaust from anyone here, it was just me offering my advice.

Also Paul, I am sure you must have noticed (but are maybe choosing not to bring to everyones attention) I stated atleast twice in that tread that I didn't want to tread on any traders toes, and in the very first post before I had given any contact details or location, I asked if any traders already dealed with powerflow exhausts and if so to contact me and I would sort something out ie. remove the thread, or become a trader myself, as no traders or moderators did in the month that passed before I did post my contact details (not the fabricators details, which I still haven't done to date) I assumed there was no problem and continued to post my findings.

Also someone did ask if he could fabricate a decat pipe, to which I replied,

"I guess he could do, but as I said I don't want to tread on anyones toes, so I will leave that one alone for the moment, but if you want to contact Autowise yourself then please do, I will post contact details once I have got My exhaust sorted out."

the reason I said that is because I know there are traders that sell decate pipes on here, yes I did say they could contact the company direct, but lets be honest here, any sensible person would have done that off their own back, without me having to suggest it.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, Paul, "pick your toys back up and get back in your pram", and it would seem that most people agree with me.

Great post, Garfy.

I'd say that covers just about everything - as you say, you even stated you didn't want to tread on anyone elses toes and explained why. How more careful could you have been. Come to think of it, I mentioned Powerflow in Norwich. But I have no connection (family or otherwise) to the company - does that make me a "pseudo-trader"? I just recommend items and companies that I find to be of good quality (and usually local to me) to other members.

If we weren't allowed to mention deals from outside the forum at all, the traders could charge what they like and no-one could mention anything about getting the same stuff cheaper elsewhere - that sounds like the whole concept of the forum would be in the bin and this place would be owned and run by the traders and for the benefit of traders.

We're all here to help each other out after all!

I have edited a couple of posts by Garfy and Rickster so that there is no mention of price or contact details. The thread should now read as a report by a member about a product they have purchased from a company, which is exactly what this forum is for.

Garfy, Rickster, please contact me if you would like to trade here.

I have also removed two posts by Paul E regarding his exhaust as there was no request for that information so it was a needless advert in the middle of a thread. Please do not do this again.

I have also moved two threads by Paul E from the classified forums and into his own section. If this continued lapse of where to create your threads continues, I will stop moving them and just start deleting them. Alternatively I will remove the posting rights of traders from all classified forums.

Have a nice day.

Oh, and I wouldn't push me to update the current relaxed rules with more strict ones either. You are all adults here, you know exactly what your allowed to do and what would be classed as pushing your luck without the need for it in writing. If I do end up having to spend a weekend with the other mods re-doing all the trader rules then I can assure you they will not work in the traders favour.

I have edited a couple of posts by Garfy and Rickster so that there is no mention of price or contact details. The thread should now read as a report by a member about a product they have purchased from a company, which is exactly what this forum is for.

Garfy, Rickster, please contact me if you would like to trade here.

I have also removed two posts by Paul E regarding his exhaust as there was no request for that information so it was a needless advert in the middle of a thread. Please do not do this again.

I have also moved two threads by Paul E from the classified forums and into his own section. If this continued lapse of where to create your threads continues, I will stop moving them and just start deleting them. Alternatively I will remove the posting rights of traders from all classified forums.

Have a nice day.

Oh, and I wouldn't push me to update the current relaxed rules with more strict ones either. You are all adults here, you know exactly what your allowed to do and what would be classed as pushing your luck without the need for it in writing. If I do end up having to spend a weekend with the other mods re-doing all the trader rules then I can assure you they will not work in the traders favour.

That all seems fair enougth to me, Thanks Mawby, I am seeing my uncle this weekend so I will discuss him becoming a trader, can you pm me details, or are they easy to find?