The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted Racelogic today, do i completely remove TRAC computer?

Sean1933

Took mine out according to the instructions, keep it in a safe place in case you revert to stock (not that you would ever want to put that back in lol)

PS: No the dash light is not on and if you leave it in it will work in addition to rltc lol which you don't want...

the guide I followed is here http://mkiv.com/techarticles/racelogic_Install/index.html (but the site might be down right now so it seems?) but make sure you use the right wiring diagrams for the right car (that guide is for a pre vvti export spec TT with abs I believe)

Cheers Chilli, just as i thought but wanted to double check!!! Oh and i have the correct wiring diagram.

Rayman, havent got everything sorted yet as i was going to get the clutch sorted last weekend but then the waterpump broke so i couldnt get it to my mates gge to use his ramps!!! So the car is now in a million pieces on my driveway!

Radiator, fan, accesorry belt, Cambelt, crank pulley, etc is all off and scattered around my house! Got all the new parts now to fix everything, apart from a water gasket from toyota thats in on tuesday. So car will be movable hopefully by tue/wed night, clutch should be done next weekend all going well!!!

So whens your car due in?

Nice one mate hope you get it sorted soon so you can enjoy your car, terribly unlucky!

Mines due in september time so ages yet, still cant wait tho, just been buying a few things already, a momo handbrake handle and leather gaitor, keeping the majority of my money back for servicing items and a bit just in case, hopefully i wont have your luck!

Have you actually checked for error codes using the diagnostic port inside the car?

no need is there? don't you get a warning light up when there are codes to be read? Might be wrong but I guess it is a bit accademic because the dash warning lights are fine, it drives fine and I don't drive around checking for error codes unless something is wrong

Dan, I'm fairly confident they're confusing the traction control ECU for the throttle control ECU.

It's the throttle control ECU that's beside the main ECU, and that's the one thats generally removed on manual cars. (can be removed on auto's too. You'd gain faster gear changes at the expense of smoothness).

The actual traction control ECU is basically ABS ECU sending a signal to the throttle ECU telling to close....

Did that make sense? :blink: