The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insects and car cleaning.

RedM

I washed the car last night. It looked lovely. Looked out on it before going to bed and noticed a layer of dew building up on the bonnet, roof and spoiler.

When I went out to the car this morning those three surfaces had dozens of little dead flies on them.

I went to brush them off but many were dried onto the car! I'm guessing that the little shits landed in the dew, drowned and when the sun came out it dried their little bodies to the car.

I want to get her all polished for JAE but can't think of anyway to avoid this happening again. I don't have enough sheets to cover her overnight either.

Any suggestions?

Ewww, you have to have sheets and duvets even in this weather. Sheets to stop your sweat soaking into the matress and ruining it and duvets to cover oneself with, thus preventing flies from crawling up ones bottom and eating you from the inside out.

Ewww, you have to have sheets and duvets even in this weather. Sheets to stop your sweat soaking into the matress and ruining it and duvets to cover oneself with, thus preventing flies from crawling up ones bottom and eating you from the inside out.

See, I like a duvet and no sheet, just a duvet with a cover on. But Mike can't have a duvet in the heat so we have to have a sheet. Are you talking about a bottom sheet?

See, I like a duvet and no sheet, just a duvet with a cover on. But Mike can't have a duvet in the heat so we have to have a sheet. Are you talking about a bottom sheet?

Yeah, bottom sheet. Can't sleep under just a sheet. Bugs can lift them (they can't lift duvets) abd crawl around your private regions. :blink:

Something tells me you have a problem with bugs Martin...

I think the kind you speak of is one of these.

Sleep tight. :D

OMG i've just had a small panic attack. That looks evil!

We saw something like that on a roof below us last year, we were so convinced we'd seen a new breed of bug we got the video camera out. When it didn't move for two days we realised it was a toy that had been thrown up there.

OMG i've just had a small panic attack. That looks evil!

We saw something like that on a roof below us last year, we were so convinced we'd seen a new breed of bug we got the video camera out. When it didn't move for two days we realised it was a toy that had been through up there.

:rlol:

When it didn't move for two days we realised it was a toy that had been through up there.

:jester: I love little gems like that. :more: :D

Martin... any chance you used something with Carnuba Wax additive? I've got a theory that the stuff is like a drunken insect's kebab shop.