The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody ever worked abroad as a DJ?

RobCowley

Im thinking of leaving mid April next year, not sure where? Kos, maybe Zante?..... and getting an apartment for the full season.

I Cant find any contacts/sites for foreign bars, clubs etc.... (obviously were not talking BCM etc:( )

Anyone done anything like this before? Any Tips?

Cheers

Rob

I manages to do it..

Had to also do a bit of bar work as alot of people are doing it...

went out the season before on a weeks holiday and got some contacts... kept in touch and then returned early part of the next season...

and as jezzybabes said "The Stage" is good for contacts..

Thanks for the info guys...appreciate it!

Jezzy - where might i get hold of that? Whsmith?

I play mainly trance with a bit of funky house.... im expecting to have to do mainly funky, pop, party, cheese etc though!

IDO - yeah i thought that might be the case, would be willing to do a bit of PR work if nothing comes up straight away! Where did you go?

Cheers fellas,

Rob

oh...i learnt the ice cube lesson many years back :D eye of a needle for days:blink:

Yeah whsmiths is your best bet for the stage. Dj mag dont have many ads in at the mo but as i said, the ads for next season wont really start to appear until around xmas. You'l be ok with house and trance if you're hoping for ibiza etc. I had a one off abroad set up for this summer but cant do it due to baby commitments. :( Really need to hammer out 'marcel woods monotone' in a mega club!! :D

• 1 year later...

Thought i would drag this thread up again!

I did it and now i'm back :)

Quit my job in the UK, got on a plane with a suitcase full of CDs and headed to Kardamena, Kos, Greece

I managed to fall straight into a job DJing in a bar 9-12, then in a nightclub 12-4! (12-6 at weekends)

Had the absolute time of my life, and have been offered double the money to go back in May 08, aswell as free accomodation!

Now i just have to decide wether it's time to get a 'proper job' or to go back out there next year.

Rob Cowley

Go back out there, definately :)

I've done a few trips out to DJ in the states, and it's something I've been meaning to do again but my "serious" job tends to get in the way. I got offered some work whilst I was out there, and part of me still regrets not taking it...

Well i only left a £5.50an hour job (part time job i had whilst at uni)

I got a degree in web development + multimedia last summer!

I'm back at the same place (in a different store) for now! Still earning sod all, pays for the petrol though!

Get the odd DJin job over here at £100ish a night

All the employers want experience though, not a piece of paper that says i have a degree!