The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had A Hit and Run

terribleturner

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alan Partridge

Dude, you need to make a claim through the Motor Insurers Bureau.

I work for a law firm which deal with Bike Claims, we do work for Bennetts etc.

Email me at [email protected]

http://www.minsterlaw.co.uk

http://www.mib.org.uk

you can make a claim for personal injury only as the other vehicle was not identified, will cover the cost of your bike repairs, but will prob take about 9 months and we deduct 25% of your winnings for costs. You can do it yourself by going to their website but they will offer you pisch and we will prob make up more than what our fee would be.

cheers

Lee

Dude, you need to make a claim through the Motor Insurers Bureau.

I work for a law firm which deal with Bike Claims, we do work for Bennetts etc.

Email me at [email protected]

http://www.minsterlaw.co.uk

http://www.mib.org.uk

you can make a claim for personal injury only as the other vehicle was not identified, will cover the cost of your bike repairs, but will prob take about 9 months and we deduct 25% of your winnings for costs. You can do it yourself by going to their website but they will offer you pisch and we will prob make up more than what our fee would be.

cheers

Lee

Thanks alot mate :thumbs: Sabrina did say something about SIB. If i can get back a little that would be better than nothing at all. I am actually with Bennets.

Cheers Jezzy, i'll keep you in mind mate :)

Thanks alot mate :thumbs: Sabrina did say something about SIB. If i can get back a little that would be better than nothing at all. I am actually with Bennets.

Cheers Jezzy, i'll keep you in mind mate :)

Morning. :) SIB?? Te he. You should claim through the Motors Insurers Bureau, thats where I got my payout from when was hit by an uninsured driver. ;) [they help with untraceable drivers as well]

The MIB will only compensate you for yoru injuries, not the bike. (As already stated by Lee)

Not sure how much you might get for your finger. Are you sure you vaven't hurt your neck or back? It can put a right old strain on you trying to hold your bike upright when being shoved along the road by a pick-up truck.

I had this happen once in a city centre during the morning rush hour. A car came the wrong way down a one way street at me. I tried to point out that he was going the wrong way, but after ranting at me he just drove into me head on. It was only when half the people in the street descended on him that he reversed away from me at speed, turned around and fled!

Fortunate for me that there were so many people about who were willing to help!

Hope you get something back.

no m8, the 'mot' on the Patrol was due...so we had to take it back to Italy...we were in Milan for the qt +semi's....the whole place went crazy afterwards...unbelievable..we set off back on final day and watched in France!!.... parked the Italian reg Patrol in the town centre square....surrounded by 1000's of flag waving Frenchies.....a tad nervous!! had to cheer though when they took off Henry and for the 'pub league' incident.....had a good time in the end.....I'm sure they doubled our bar bill though!!

I would LOVE a bike, was brought up on them as my dad was a serious biker, as were others in my family. Seeing pics of the current bikes etc really makes me want one, but I just can't - and exactly for the reason above, too many bike unaware wankers about :(