The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adding a third fuel pump?

TRD3000GT

Ok,

Im considering running tripples purely because Im getting hold of a tripple hanger from WOTM.

The wiring I have setup is for two pumps at the moment and I can do the wiring for an extra pump myslef.. The only thing I want to know is if I was to run three would I need to do anything else?

It makes no difference as far as I am aware if they rail has more pressure in it because of the extra pump.

I may just need to upgrade the return to a -6 :blink:

Any ideas or views on this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they are.. But 1 is only good for 500. Im pshing more than that and if I have one fail on WOT I dont want to fry everything.

Id prefer knowing I have a backup and can keep my foot to the floor :)

Also what the point in getting a lovely CNC hanger and only putting in 2 pumps when it can hold 3 :innocent:

Its a perfectly valid question... ?

Im not basing my car on Terry's or Matt's thank you very much. I have a bigger turbo than both of them. But thanks for the advice (some of you guys crack me up) :rolleyes:

If you have nothing to add to the real question then stop wasting the hosting space as its just boring.

Suprisingly enough our couterparts over the pond would not come out with crass comments like this they would just answer the question? Why do i feel like your comments are more of a dig at me than what Im trying to get done?

Explain WHY ? Im wrong and why 3 pumps if I have a faliure at WOT is not a good idea? Im dying to hear this reasoning.

Its a perfectly valid question... ?

Im not basing my car on Terry's or Matt's thank you very much. I have a bigger turbo than both of them. But thanks for the advice (some of you guys crack me up) :rolleyes:

If you have nothing to add to the real question then stop wasting the hosting space as its just boring.

Suprisingly enough our couterparts over the pond would not come out with crass comments like this they would just answer the question? Why do i feel like your comments are more of a dig at me than what Im trying to get done?

Explain WHY ? Im wrong and why 3 pumps if I have a faliure at WOT is not a good idea? Im dying to hear this reasoning.

would you still not see a pressure drop if one pump failed as surely the car will need resetting up to accomodate the extra pump?

would you still not see a pressure drop if one pump failed as surely the car will need resetting up to accomodate the extra pump?

Im sure I would see pressure drop but not enough to cause a lean out..

The two pumps would still not doubt be man enough for the job.. The real question is if I would need to get some resetting done to accomodate the extra pump or if the higher static rail pressure would make a difference.

Im sure I would see pressure drop but not enough to cause a lean out..

The two pumps would still not doubt be man enough for the job.. The real question is if I would need to get some resetting done to accomodate the extra pump or if the higher static rail pressure would make a difference.

i think you'll definetly need to have it re set up.

In your case, the rail pressure will be no higher with 3 pumps or 2 unless your regulator is not up to the job. Any idea what flow the regulator you are running is good for?

if that's true, then i think the third pump is an excellent idea for peace of mind

In your case, the rail pressure will be no higher with 3 pumps or 2 unless your regulator is not up to the job. Any idea what flow the regulator you are running is good for?

Good point. Ok I've got the solution, run SIX fuel pumps, using two fuel lines and regulators with three pumps for each?

I'm not saying you're wrong. What I was implying was - I would think it was excessive. Consider those Blitz turbo's ... Tony License is installing the twins in his car. I've heard power figures from 650 - 900 .. from those things.

Tony is using 2 pumps. So my point was - if that setup required 3 pumps. Why hasn't it got 3 pumps ?

I'm not saying you're wrong. What I was implying was - I would think it was excessive. Consider those Blitz turbo's ... Tony License is installing the twins in his car. I've heard power figures from 650 - 900 .. from those things.

Tony is using 2 pumps.

he is planning on using the pump as a fail safe though