The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any nutritionists, PT's or bodybuilders around to answer a few questions?

dandan

what do you wanna know?? I train using bodyweight excercises only, handstand pressups, one arm pressuprs etc.....none of this silly ego sissy weight training ;) :p proper core strength training

>

i normally do sissy weight training but have done 24 handstand press ups(against wall) and 125 press ups (70) in under 1 minute. how come?

i may be able to help

Does the front picture show a big beer belly? :p ;)

I'm just starting up with the weights, but I'm trying to lose (a lot of) fat as well which kinda limits my diet.

I've read that I should aim to take in at least 1.5g of protein per kg of body weight for building muscle - is that right? Only i've also been told that I should just eat as much protein as possible throughout the day and night, but no more than 30g per 3 hour sitting.

That said, I'll never be keen enough on body-building to get up in the middle of the night for a protein snack!

what do you wanna know?? I train using bodyweight excercises only, handstand pressups, one arm pressuprs etc.....none of this silly ego sissy weight training ;) :p proper core strength training

>

I weight-train and have also done 10,000 press-ups (for charity).

....Mind you, that was when I was 24. These days, I need a hoist in the ceiling to get me on and off my gf.

Guys,

If you consider yourself to be one of the above and don't mind a few questions picking your brain over some food/weight training things then let me know...

Cheers

Dan

The problem with visiting bb forums for advice is that it's hard to separate out the wheat from the chaff. In my view, though, http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/ is consistently spot-on with advice. The level of Science there can be very daunting, but there are also plenty of stickies catering for all knowledge levels. Wes ("ironaddict") is a great PT with sensible advice.

If you think I can help, pm/email me.

my post was only to provoke a bit off banter, ive taken strength training seriously since the age of 18, not for looks but for functional strength

ive found bodyweight training mixed with compound movements (ddeadlifts and squats) has given me the best results, but this obviously wont work for everyone

was only a banter inducing statement above ;) there is always banter between iron lifters and martial artists using bodyweight and endurance methods to train, I respect both....impressive pic above as well, you have been on the spinach have'nt you

Does the front picture show a big beer belly? :p ;)

I'm just starting up with the weights, but I'm trying to lose (a lot of) fat as well which kinda limits my diet.

I've read that I should aim to take in at least 1.5g of protein per kg of body weight for building muscle - is that right? Only i've also been told that I should just eat as much protein as possible throughout the day and night, but no more than 30g per 3 hour sitting.

That said, I'll never be keen enough on body-building to get up in the middle of the night for a protein snack!

i am to much of a poser to let that one go bob;) heres one of the beer gut

a real show off,i know i know .thats why i drive a supra::cool:

ps your on the right trac with the protein and dont worry about the night feeds you are not 1 month old

i am to much of a poser to let that one go bob;) heres one of the beer gut

a real show off,i know i know .thats why i drive a supra::cool:

ps your on the right trac with the protein and dont worry about the night feeds you are not 1 month old

Thats some serious dedication...mega low on the bodyfat..........:)