The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What about this new mobile?

MR.B

I'm on the hunt for a new mobile and being into my gadgets I found this...

Nokia N93

Now I know it looks a bit 'chunky' but it also looks the nuts and has some great features. :cool:

One of which is a 3D graphics hardware to produce games such as THIS and THIS.

I'm tempted to get one of these as it's out this month. I don't want to look like the guy off Trigger Happy TV though. :D What's the verdict?

I took a break from Nokia's.

Went to a Samsung D500 and had a Motorola before that, gone back to the 6280 and ok fair enough I broke the screen walking into a wall but other than that being my fault, it turns itself off, the camera works once in a blue moon, the screen fades when it feels like it and loses colour, go damn Nokia's.

Won't be going Nokia again. But thats just my 2 pence

Yuk........ lol :D :d :D

If you want gadgets and stuff, these are what you have to buy. I just like my phone to be a phone. No I ain't got a 3310 stil either lol. Ask yourself do you really need all that stuff, when other stand alone one job consumables are always better.

If ya do , then go for it mate.... Cool phone but it will be a brick in ya pocket.

:D :d

Good grief that looks good 3D for a phone...

I can't get excited by phones, everyone keeps telling me they've got thist that and the other. I ask "So what functions do you use?" and they look blank and say..."The address book?".

They only cram so much crap in them to be different and keep selling more phones. It's become a trend thing rather than useful features IMHO.

Im with you on the gadgets thang. Im a Nokia fan, always have been. Id have the N93 tomorrow if I didnt have the Comunicator, it looks great IMO.

The N91 is good too if you wanted less bits, a few in the office have them and are very happy with them. Bit like spoilers on a Supe this subject:)

The N91 is good too if you wanted less bits, a few in the office have them and are very happy with them. Bit like spoilers on a Supe this subject:)

Yeah i've been looking at the N91 as well - looks good. I think i'm going to hold off until the N93 is released so I can see what its like 'size wise'.

Then I can take a look at the N91 too. :cool:

Mine's a good old 3120. Does what it says on the tin. :)

But I should be getting a Mitac A710 soon as my company phone...

My needs are:

phone

camera

email and address book

Windoze mobile

SATNAV

the A710 has built-in GPS :D

Oh I wish you wouldn't post things like this.

I was holding out for the P990....now i really am confused!

The things im 'realistically' likely to use are (in order)

The Phone.

Address Book

SMS (qwerty keyboard makes it easier for me)

Videocalling (I actually do use this )

Photography (so has to be at least 2mp qaulity)

Email (occasionally)

Wifi (would be useful)

Full web browsing (would be useful)

Games (I dont use trains much)

Music (I dont use trains much lol)

Mobile DVB TV (now that would be useful but the world cups over for England)

Real Cool phone though motorola were going to bring out this style of phone with the same consept of flip screen but it never came out so I gave up!

Nice phone though..might look at one anyhow when they come out!

• 2 months later...
They only cram so much crap in them to be different and keep selling more phones. It's become a trend thing rather than useful features IMHO.

It's more than a trend tho. It's a fashion statement. Nokia have got the right idea - chief designer Frank Nuovo .. as captured the market into little niches:

a) The luxerious phones. Gold, Platinum, encrusted with gems. That's Vertu - owned by Nokia.

b) You have the fashion phones. Where you have phones specificly designed for women - and ones specificly designed for men. In addition, the 7600 is a good example of a unique design. It's horrible design imo - but that is where Nokia succeeds .. by launching products that are completely unique.

c) Then you have the "E" phones. These are the top of the range business phones.

d) Then you have the "N" phones. These are the top of the range gadget phones.

e) The 6xxx phones - are usually the low-mid business phones.

f) The 3xxx to 5xxx phones are usually the gimicky phones. LIke there was one phone - that was covered in LED's and flashed when it rang. That was quite a success with the 13-15yr olds pay-as-you.

So, the phones that Nokia launch - maybe "gimmicky" and full of features that aren't useful. But - imo - we live in a society where phones have now become a status symbol.

And that is exactly what Nokia is capitalising on .. and doing a much better job than it's competitors - of the likes of Sony Erricsson, Siemans, Sagem.