The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gearbox oil

crimbo

Hi! i'm the new boy. just a quickie to get going : i took my '95 UK-spec to "Bill Allen Toyota" in Gloucester for an oil service, and 3 days l8r they've still got it. They reckon they're shipping in some gearbox oil coz they've none in stock!! Is this a normal thing or do ya think, like me, they're pulling me plonker ?? Yeah yeah, lazy bar-steward should do his own servicing, but if a Toyota dealer aint got the slick-50 then who has, J.R Ewing????

I went there for gearbox oil (V160 for the manual) and they told me there is no special oil for the Supra box and to put in normwl 85w90 or whatever it was.

Went back the next day with the part no. and spoke to parts manager. They then apoligised and ordered me two 1 litre tins. Dickheads. Took a week or so, from Europe I think.

Anyway, other than that they seem ok and fairly helpful if a little lacking in knowledge (they never sold a single Supra so never got given the service cards/details for them).

What car have you got - colour, specs etc. I'll keep a look out for ya.

Dan