The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XSPOWER.com

Guest EncoreWRC

Guest EncoreWRC

Anyone ever heard of these guys??

Any good or bad comments?

I am thinking of buying one of their turbo kits which comes complete with single garrett T4, manifold, BOV and all pipes, feeds and gaskets etc.. Complete single turbo conversion?

Any comments??

The XS power T60 doesnt have a flange on the exhaust housing to fit the downpipe onto,and its massive the exhaust housing that is,so go for the T70,beware though you need to mod and play with the kit to get it to fit,it is not a direct bolt on kit.

T60 and t70 both use a 3" Vband on the exhaust side with an a/r of 1.05. The Super T60 and Super t70 both use a divided tang with an a/r of .85 BUT use a t3 Flange so you need to remove the t4 one from the manifold and get a Stainless t3 welded on, or make up a t3 to t4 adapter.

Go for the kit, but ditch the turbo. The kit is actually quite good, though personally adding a bit of support bracing to the manifold is a good idea. I would look at a Garrett GT turbo instead of the XSpower supplied one,but the rest of the Kit is a good DIY approach to going single..

T60 and t70 both use a 3" Vband on the exhaust side with an a/r of 1.05. The Super T60 and Super t70 both use a divided tang with an a/r of .85 BUT use a t3 Flange so you need to remove the y4 one from the manifold of make up a t3 to t4 adapter. Go fo the kit, but ditch the turbo. The kit is actually quite good, though personally adding a bit of support bracing to the manifold is a good idea. I look at a Garrett GT turbo instead of the XSpower supplied one.

but the vband doesnt fit the t60 as there is nothing there to put it on..supraforums had the same trouble..they used a different housing..but as far as housings go,unless you can find someone on ebay or from usa who will get ya one,your feked as here in the uk,people want stupid and silly and fekin pee taking money for them!!as for welding cast...well i spoke to a few people and they said dont do it..and that was people who weld it everyday,due to the heat cycles,it could last years or minutes.

ahh i see, ive never encountered that on a t60, though they are now called t60-1's and basically a big ass deisel powerstroke turbo from the looks of thier ebay auction..

As for the 50mm wastegate steve, you need to cut the flange of the Manifold, rotate 90 degree's and weld back on, so the exit of the wastegate faces the downpipe, Then make you own screamer from the spare flange. Other alternative is remove the flange completely and weld on a Vband to take a tial 44mm wastegate.

I know its a lot of hassle, but if your a keen DIY'er not much of a problem.

I have encountered 1 problem with one of their 60mm gates when it jammed open. it was easily rectified by cleaning the opening on the gate with a small file...

As ive said, nothing is a straight fit, but can be made to work quite well if you can do the work required.

as for welding cast...well i spoke to a few people and they said dont do it..and that was people who weld it everyday,due to the heat cycles,it could last years or minutes.

the v-band flange will need to be cold welded. im sure turbofit will have a competent welder to do this but im sure i'd be able to get it done for you if not.