The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Future Motorsports Supra......

Guest Bijal

Guest Bijal

Ok guys and girls....

Our latest project, as some of you already know, is building a circuit monster.

Designed to be road legal and within certain FIA approved specifications and rules.

The development work has been going on for 10 months and the innitial planning around 7 months.

In this post we will be covering the following:

-Complete Start To Finish Engine Building, Tricks of the trade etc.

-Engine Installation, running in period, tuning on dyno and mapping.

-Fuel System Setup And Installation.

-Complete Suspension Setup, Suspension kit, Bushes, Anti Roll Bars etc.

-Roll Cage Installation.

-Fire Extingusiher for Engine Bay (FIA Approved).

-Interior setup and design.

-Braking System including our very own Brake Bias System setup.

And many more.......

I will add to this list as i see fit and think of anything i might miss at the moment.

We will cover EVERYTHING possible and give reasons WHY we do the things we have chosen to, what benefits are gained from it, advantages and disadvantages.

The entire time we cover this we will post pictures and videos during start up, dyno and road tuning (after running in period). Tests and checks to be made during running in period, what to look out for etc etc. Testing at the tracks etc.

Most of the work will be done in personal time but should be up and running within the next 4-5 weeks.

Stay Tuned......:eyebrows:

Bijal

p.s..more pictures to come....:cool:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bijal

rear half interior gutted.

so far everything is removed....suspension, links, anti roll bars...engine :innocent: brakes and many more.

will keep updating the post with pictures....

bijal

rear half interior gutted.

so far everything is removed....suspension, links, anti roll bars...engine :innocent: brakes and many more.

will keep updating the post with pictures....

bijal

Haha... Sort of looks like my supra at this stage...

Looks good mate, very interested to see how this turns out...

What wheels are those, they look awesome!!!

G

I love the HKS TO4Z turbo :)

Mate has one on his 2.8 ltr R33 and its just mental on the road and in my opinion the best road turbo out there!! full boost by 3500 revs and makes 650 BHP at the hubs!! and for such an amount of power its not that big a turbo but the technology nowadays makes up for it.

Should make for an interesting track car, what gearbox you going for, my friend has the OS Giken 6 Speed Seq box and it takes a little getting used to it but once you are you can bang through the gears with such a speed :)

Mike

Mate has one on his 2.8 ltr R33 and its just mental on the road and in my opinion the best road turbo out there!! full boost by 3500 revs and makes 650 BHP at the hubs!! and for such an amount of power its not that big a turbo but the technology nowadays makes up for it.

Should make for an interesting track car, what gearbox you going for, my friend has the OS Giken 6 Speed Seq box and it takes a little getting used to it but once you are you can bang through the gears with such a speed :)

Mike

I agree, I had a T04Z fitted to my Skyline R32 in March by TDI and after the T88 that was fitted before the difference was amazing

Guest Bijal

Mike

yes the hks turbo by far is the best in the market. i have said this time and time again and proven it but some people seem to think its the same as the garret based versions which is not true and totally incorrect. certain threads have been proven and shut a few people up in the debate on hks turbos.

i agree 200%, hks turbos are the best, not because its hks but the design and technology gone into it is just amazing.

unfortunatley the profit margins are very low on hks products alone and hks turbo have had more money thrown into them during design stages therefore will be a slight premium to pay on them compared to the boost logic, horsepower freaks, and other similar own branded reasonably priced kits out there.

thats why we sell so many hks turbo kits and the odd occasion greddy range to skyline and supra boys. our sales on hks turbos are not very huge here in the uk but for overseas they are good. and thats because people have paid that £400-£500 more of a premium and found that hks turbos are the best out there compared to the common cheap garrett aquivelent.

unfortunatley hks and os giken dont make a gearbox for the supra hence we have not gone for them, we have asked both companies for help but they couldnt help. i can understand that, as the getrag 6 speed we have on our cars are stupidly strong anyway, but its nice to have a sequential box :D

we have been doing some re-search on the box and found Quaife to be very helpful, i beleive they supplied the jgtc supras at one point in time.

but in the meantime stock box will be more than enough with a good clutch and gearbox cooler ;)

yes the hks turbo by far is the best in the market. i have said this time and time again and proven it but some people seem to think its the same as the garret based versions which is not true and totally incorrect. certain threads have been proven and shut a few people up in the debate on hks turbos.

i agree 200%, hks turbos are the best, not because its hks but the design and technology gone into it is just amazing.

unfortunatley the profit margins are very low on hks products alone and hks turbo have had more money thrown into them during design stages therefore will be a slight premium to pay on them compared to the boost logic, horsepower freaks, and other similar own branded reasonably priced kits out there.

thats why we sell so many hks turbo kits and the odd occasion greddy range to skyline and supra boys. our sales on hks turbos are not very huge here in the uk but for overseas they are good. and thats because people have paid that £400-£500 more of a premium and found that hks turbos are the best out there compared to the common cheap garrett aquivelent.

unfortunatley hks and os giken dont make a gearbox for the supra hence we have not gone for them, we have asked both companies for help but they couldnt help. i can understand that, as the getrag 6 speed we have on our cars are stupidly strong anyway, but its nice to have a sequential box :D

we have been doing some re-search on the box and found Quaife to be very helpful, i beleive they supplied the jgtc supras at one point in time.

but in the meantime stock box will be more than enough with a good clutch and gearbox cooler ;)

I know hollinger make a 6 speed seq box which is pretty much a "off the shelf" box but supply an adaptor plate to fit the supra and they also do one for the 300zx hence why ive been looking at it ;) not cheap though at around £6-7k but deffo worth looking at depending on budget

Mike

Guest Bijal
I know hollinger make a 6 speed seq box which is pretty much a "off the shelf" box but supply an adaptor plate to fit the supra and they also do one for the 300zx hence why ive been looking at it ;) not cheap though at around £6-7k but deffo worth looking at depending on budget

Mike

my appolgies, i forgot to mention...i have spoken to so many gearbox companies i lose track of it....your 100% right, it was not quaife that supplied the jgtc supra, it was holinger. my appolgies for forgetting my research conclusions. hence they were confident to help.

still cheaper than hks or os giekn though ;)

Guest dee_rz

Look forward to seeing this, need a nice quick track supra for a bit of a refresh after all the shed loads of skylines, evo's, scoobs and 200sx i keep seeing throughout the year at all the uk track circuits, i've had enough it about time we see more sup's out there :tongue: :) :cool: goodluck and hope to see this soon, any eta's as to when it'll be ready roughly??

Guest Bijal
Look forward to seeing this, need a nice quick track supra for a bit of a refresh after all the shed loads of skylines, evo's, scoobs and 200sx i keep seeing throughout the year at all the uk track circuits, i've had enough it about time we see more sup's out there :tongue: :) :cool: goodluck and hope to see this soon, any eta's as to when it'll be ready roughly??

i agree there with you mate for sure. its sickenning really. thanks for the possitivity. it helps us A LOT!!!

during testing at donnington we found the best setup on the suspension and tyre pressures and we were amazed to find that we were out running some of the decent 4wd cars like the evos and skylines. the problem during testing we had was that we didnt have the correct driver seat and harness setup.

as important as the rest of the car it is the same ammount of importance that the driver is as 1 unit with the car, sitting at the lowest point possible without any movement of the dirver's body during high speed cornering. this can have unprodicted effects on the ammount braking or accelerating you intend to use during the race/testing. this can only be experienced in an experiment, which is not cheap and hard to do.

we had rod millen motorsport design and manufacture for us a special subframe setup (which we now sell to the market) to allow the driver to sit lower to the cockpit.

with the perfect balance of braking, suspension setup, power and torque we found that at NO point during testing we had our supra go sideways in the most harshest of throws into corners. we were amazed!

and that was with the stock rear spoiler, just imagine what it would be like with a gt wing?

stay tuned.....:innocent:

Guest Terry S

Excellent you must have some addtional info I have yet to see. Please point me in the right direction

Guest Bijal
Excellent you must have some addtional info I have yet to see. Please point me in the right direction

i thought you said you know all you need to know? no need for me to waste my time pointing you in any direction.