The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear top arm bushes

danlygo

Just had my J-spec tt serviced, and they're telling me I need the rear top arm bushes replaced. That sounded OK until they told me you couldn't buy the bushes seperately and that I had to get two new complete arms at £285 + vat each.

Surely this is crap and you can get the bushes only?

Anyone know where I can get them, and who'll fit them?

Any help for a newbie from Bristol much appreciated?

Hiya Mate, I from Weston Super Mare.. I got a Garage local to me who used to do odd jobs like this on mine and source all the bits, never had a single problem nor bad price.

i had it for 4 years, just recently sold it.

If you want his details let me know.

Originally posted by danlygo

Just had my J-spec tt serviced, and they're telling me I need the rear top arm bushes replaced. That sounded OK until they told me you couldn't buy the bushes seperately and that I had to get two new complete arms at £285 + vat each.

AFAIK it's not possible to buy the bushes without also buying the arms. If the rear top ones are gone you'd better look at the front lower arm inner bushes, too.... :( And they only come with the arms too, AFAIK. There are some plastic bushes for the front bottoms, but some of these can cause issues. I am looking into having some correct harder bushes made. They won't be for the rear top arms though.

Oh well there goes the decat and new exhaust.

The total price for fitting by the Toyota dealer is £676.

At the same time they told me the front shocks are weeping, and quoted £285 + vat each. Or £471 fitted. Are there any aftermarket ones that would go straight in without changing things too much?

This happened to me aswell, the arms were only £178+vat from Toyota though, not £285.

Can you get your car to someone who deals with Supra's on a more frequent basis and doesn't charge £70-£80 plus vat an hour labour.

At the same time they told me the front shocks are weeping, and quoted £285 + vat each. Or £471 fitted. Are there any aftermarket ones that would go straight in without changing things too much?

This is too much, IIRC they should be nearer £150 each.

Originally posted by ad500

Can you get your car to someone who deals with Supra's on a more frequent basis and doesn't charge £70-£80 plus vat an hour labour.

I could try the guy that BradB was talking about and see if they're cheaper.

Brad, can i have his details?

Originally posted by Timwildman

I got a quote for some of the jap bilstein shocks they came to £180ish+tax from main dealer.

How come they can fit then for under £100 below just the combined price of the spares? should it £570+fitting+vat?

Oops, £285 + vat, was for the pair not each.:stupid:

• 1 year later...
have the same problem can any one help

I've supplied quite a few members with new OEM Toyota arms from here in HK, as I can get them considerably cheaper than Toyota UK prices, even with postage included. I can also supply TRD replacement front bushes (they have discontinued the rear ones) at good price.

Email me at nicvollans @ netvigator . com if you want a price list sending.

AFAIK it's not possible to buy the bushes without also buying the arms. If the rear top ones are gone you'd better look at the front lower arm inner bushes, too.... :( And they only come with the arms too, AFAIK. There are some plastic bushes for the front bottoms, but some of these can cause issues. I am looking into having some correct harder bushes made. They won't be for the rear top arms though.

I'd love to see their face at Toyota if I went and asked for a plastic bush for a front bottom!!

:woot: