The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SAFC II - Alternatives?

michael

I need something to help sort out the fuelling on my car, hopefully to give me a bit more 'go' and maybe help the MPG too.

The SAFC II was the one I fancied (12 point mapping rather than the 8 of the earlier version) but I was wondering what other similar products are around for sensible money. I've been advised to try a few things like the UniChip (possible to control fuelling but it won't do timing on a Supra) but it seems like overkill for my needs.

Any suggestions?

How about the Greddy E-manage?

With the right harnesses (not expensive) it'll do fuel and ignition and I think it has more potential than an SAFC ever will. It still acts as a piggyback but afaik it's not quite as much of a fudge as the SAFC.

I think Cliff was looking into them, and I have some info somewhere, I'll post the link when I find it...

Dan

Link updated to right one!

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/photos/emanage_photos/index.html

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

michael does it need upgrading? thought uk cars were pretty sorted. have you had it checked out

The problem isn't that I need to sort the fuelling out because I don't have enough, it's just a case of having too much - what I want to do is lean it out a bit in places to unleash a bit more power.

The Thor Graph shows the most recent AFM stuff, Pete suggested that looking at this could give me a bit more midrange.

Originally posted by dandan

How about the Greddy E-manage?

With the right harnesses (not expensive) it'll do fuel and ignition and I think it has more potential than an SAFC ever will. It still acts as a piggyback but afaik it's not quite as much of a fudge as the SAFC.

I think Cliff was looking into them, and I have some info somewhere, I'll post the link when I find it...

Dan

Link updated to right one!

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/photos/emanage_photos/index.html

I'd always thought it was an expensive ECU so never really paid much attention, from looking at the link you provided I can see they are fairly cheap and well featured too.... definately a possible! I guess the hardest bit is finding someone who knows how to get the best out of it.

Need 10 units ordered basically but I can do a good price on that, and all the accessories (harnesses, boost controllers, remote switch etc)

Gaz.

Are you saying that these not only controll fuel but they can also controll boost? I,e, Raise the boost on my decated UK Spec?

From how the write up reads it only talks about Boost sensing?

Cheers, Scott

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Need 10 units ordered basically but I can do a good price on that, and all the accessories (harnesses, boost controllers, remote switch etc)

Gaz.

Gaz mate, the E-Manage doesn't have a boost controller feature or a "remote switch" whatever that is :confused:

Also, are you sure Pete betts has mapped one of these units before? I'm not saying he hasn't but I know his first one was going to be Cliffs and that hasn't happened yet AFAIK. Don't get me wrong, if he's got experience now it makes my life easier :)

-Ian

Ian

Remote switch:

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/photos/profec_e-01_photos/DSC05808.JPG

Boost controller and emanage programmer:

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/photos/profec_e-01_photos/e01.JPG

This negates the need for a laptop for mapping the emanage and doubles as a boost controller and display.

Not sure who has/hasn't mapped one yet.

Dan

Originally posted by Ian C

Gaz mate, the E-Manage doesn't have a boost controller feature or a "remote switch" whatever that is :confused:

Also, are you sure Pete betts has mapped one of these units before? I'm not saying he hasn't but I know his first one was going to be Cliffs and that hasn't happened yet AFAIK. Don't get me wrong, if he's got experience now it makes my life easier :)

-Ian

Ian,

The E-manage hasn't directly got boost controller as you know - I was referring to the E-01 controller which can hookup to the Emanage to act as a display/control and also the remote overboost switch etc.

I might have the wrong end of the stick with Pete, I cant remember if he said done or about to do.

Gaz.

Just beware there is the E-01 and the Profec E-01, ones just the display unit, ones the display unit and boost controller (just saying as i got sent the wrong one first)

And the remote switching thingy is so you can flick between 3 boost settings at a touch of a button IIRC.

Hi.

Re: Pete and e-manage mapping

I now have the greddy e-manage and all accessories (remote switch, profec etc). Though I do plan to have Pete do the mapping, this won't be for a few months yet. Before this, I have to get my fuel delivery sorted and my single turbo. And I won't buy the single turbo kit I have in mind until Wez the Intrepid has fitted his and I'm sure it's OK.

I'm got those already-bought-one-and-there-now-could-be-a group-buy-with-exceptional-discounts blues.

Gaz, how many "interested" people do you need before giving a green light and some prices on the group buy?

Some of the MR2 chaps are talking about them too so maybe they could up the numbers a little?

I'm keen to get one pretty soon so I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if this is likely to go ahead or not :)