The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lsd or rltc

baldy

I've got traaction problems and I already have a lsd.

I still struggle putting all my power down on a hot dry road in a straight line. I'm not sure about grip, cornering wise, cuz so far I've been very careful when "pushing on" through the bends.

I think a lsd will help you get more power down over your open diff. With rltc you'd be relying on electronics to cut the power back to what the diff and tyres can handle as they are now.

Some people will have a different take on this but for drag use or general "power down" issues the diff would be a better first step. Then perhaps rltc if you're worrying about cornering/sliding/safety etc.

Just my opinion

Dan

Id go for the LSD way before RLTC if traction off the line is your only worry , as far as safety goes its the RL every time !!!!

With the sort of power you have i would say an open diff is a bit of a joke/liability , to give you an example when it dried tonite i tried a launch using the stall of the converter with 295's (P Zero Rossos) LSD i managed to hit redline in 3rd and only moved about 20 meters , you have more power and half the contact patch for traction , work it out !!!!

easy answer = buy both :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

I will be interested to hear the comments on the relative merits (or otherwise) of the TRD LSD. I was thinking of buying one but was told that there are issues with them due to them being of the "plate" variety.

Also, would I be right in saying that a TRD LSD bought new from Toyota would fit a J-spec car?

I fitted RLTC before going LSD.

I got fed up with one wheel spinning up all the time when no 2 came on line putting all the horses to one wheel, which made for interesting driving. RLTC certainly helped reduce the brown trouser moments.

I added LSD only a few weeks after fitting the RLTC, so had not real time to judge what it would have been like in a variety of conditions.

Have both and you will be impressed.

Originally posted by dude

Do you mean stock open or stock LSD dude ????

Open = 1 wheel spinning

lsd = a funny nite out !!! oops i meant both wheels spinning or not depending on your tyres !!

Dude:flame Dev

explain more please ... thanks :)

I thought i just did !!!!!!:stupid: , ok i'll put it in terms you can understand

Open diff = Chiken Madras on its own (not quite the ticket)

LSD = the above ++ Pilau rice onion bhajee bombay potato and chutney !!!!

Get it now ?????:thumbs:

dude:flame Dev