The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting uk lsd

baldy

hi peeps

im thinking about fitting a uk lsd in a jap car-

im told ill need the uk prop aswell

would i need anything else & where would be a suitable place to wire the oil pump into,i was thinking about taking a supply from the fuel pump would this be ok???

cheers for any help

I don’t have a UK LSD but did swap from standard JDM diff to a JDM LSD.

I think the NZ guys had some issues with TRD LSD's, but I may be wrong. I have a diff JDM going spare if anyone wants it to build a diff.

Mark I could get some measurements off my spare for you to compare with your UK diff. But like Chris said if UK diffs are loose, another reason to have a JDM diff :flame Dev ;)

Originally posted by Paul Laing

The yanks have the same Diffs as the UK models though....superior! ;)

whats your excuse then for a 13.43 with a superior uk spec. paul you need to show us a Superior uk spec car, not seen any, have only read about them in books

does having a lsd make that much difference to performance. also you say its possible to buy trd lsd and fit it into your supra non lsd diff.

Originally posted by Paul Laing

The yanks have the same Diffs as the UK models though....superior! ;)

They all have the same diff Paul just uk's have a cooler (cause they are sooo lardy!!!;) ) CW was talking about the aftermarket TRD diff. !!!!:stupid:

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

whats your excuse then for a 13.43 with a superior uk spec. paul you need to show us a Superior uk spec car, not seen any, have only read about them in books

does having a lsd make that much difference to performance. also you say its possible to buy trd lsd and fit it into your supra non lsd diff.

13.43 eh Monkey not bad for a tank , i think we need a proper bun fight Japs versus UK's all on street legal rubber all heads up and £100 a run , sort of put up or shut up type thing :D

I will be interested to hear the comments on the relative merits (or otherwise) of the TRD LSD. I was thinking of buying one but was told that there are issues with them due to them being of the "plate" variety.

Also, would I be right in saying that a TRD LSD bought new from Toyota would fit a J-spec car?

Originally posted by CJ

I will be interested to hear the comments on the relative merits (or otherwise) of the TRD LSD. I was thinking of buying one but was told that there are issues with them due to them being of the "plate" variety.

Also, would I be right in saying that a TRD LSD bought new from Toyota would fit a J-spec car?

You said that before !!!

Originally posted by dude

There again ive seen plenty of threads that claim the TRD diff is a waste of money and not as good as stock , the yanks have plenty of 9 second cars running stock rearends !!! How much better do you want ??Dude:flame Dev

If the 1/4 mile is your bag, would you not be better off locking the diff up?

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

if you lock the diff up dont it make it a track only car that cant do corners. i like drag racing but dont want a car that can be only good at one thing.

It would still do corners but would maybe tend to understeer a bit! Champ Cars and IRL cars use locked diffs on ovals and still manage to turn.

Maybe you could just put one in for drag meets. I saw that Dusty was talking about different settings for TOTB. Maybe this was something he had in mind.

Originally posted by Gordon F

If the 1/4 mile is your bag, would you not be better off locking the diff up?

Had a go in a skyline with a locked diff !!!!!!! allmost undriveable and you will F**k your tyres in no time !!!! This is a strip ONLY Mod trust me guys it aint nice at all .

Originally posted by dude

After all it would be VERY rude not to back up your Avatar !!!!:eek:

HAHAHA fooking quality not noticed that before

come on paul show us that uk superior spec :)

will be a good laugh when it starts up again. will be back in a couple of weeks. we dont mean anything its just banter, will be happy for any supra to do well and push times on a bit

have fun

cw told me that a locked diff is no good on corners as it does your tyres in. i dont want to go that far myself

Originally posted by Billy

Do j spec G Z models have a LSD

I think The GZ was the only model to leave the factory with LSD as stock. But even then the owner may have opted for a standard diff. For all other models I think you must check the plate to be sure, as JDM cars had so many use options and changing the diff was one of them. On my car the LSD was an option and the first owner in Japan decided they did not want one.

The last four characters below are taken from an LSD car.

diff lsd.jpg