The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nissan 300zx

mattanna

How much do Stageas go for now. If you like the estate idea... basically a Skyline estate. Altenatively a Legacy estate - one of the early ones, it's basically an Impreza in a stealthy shell and you can pick them up for about a grand. And whether you like Imprezas or not, they're decent all round performers with plenty of places to get parts.

Guest dee_rz

300zx is a great car, both in looks and the way they go but really need looking after but can be fine if treated right, stock supra would be close against a fully modded 300zx (stock turbo's one) bpu supra tt would be a fair bit quicker, don't handle as well as supra, have driven one as my sis and boyfriend own one lovely car and pound for pound i can't think of anything better my ops :)

Zed's aint a bad all round car for the cash, problem is, you need to look hard for a good example low millage with full history - a 60K service is around £500 alone. Tempermental is right - the make a great customer base :-)

Tuning is very easy though, and the can be remapped which is an added bonus. Mine pushes around 380 at the fly with very little cash thrown at the tuning end. Though to go more, you looking at getting rid of the stock snails and running bigger injectors.

If i were looking for a good car for 3-3.5K id be looking at a supra mk3 2.5TT Aero, under estimated, and a lot of car for the cash!

I think 300zx's are very underated! not because i own one but stock for stock yes a supra has a very slight edge but for a grand you can get a decent 300 to 350bhp and its more than a match for a stock supra, yes there hard to work on but its also part of the charm of owning them!?

If you get a well looked after one thats been well maintained then its just as reliable as any car of its type and lets face it stock for stock its the best looking of the 2 cars ;)

Mike

I really like the 300ZX. I think it looks a lot more dated than the supra, but still looks good none the less. Been trying to learn a bit about them as my friend is looking to get one (either that or an mr2), however from what i've read, it looks like the upkeep will be too much for him :(