The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone got a dreamcast they want to sell?

rikaz

Still got many of my N64 rom's from when I had one with the Doctor64, and can play them on Project64 emulator.

Goldeneye - it was ok, but how the fsck do you control it all and try and aim and shoot with the joypad I got so frustrated with that and Turok that I couldn't be arsed with it.

Zelda - fantastic, just started playing occarina of time master quest.

Supermario64 - ok, camera angles did my head in at times. Stupidly sat trying to peer round corners.

Waverace - ok for 10 minutes.

Pilot wings - seriously, ok novelty value for a while but not that good.

Super smash brothers - Fantastic multiplayer! :D

I think you need to play some of those games longer to appreciate the brilliance of them!

have you played BLAST CORPS?

That was on of my favs from Rare!

Guess who had an Atari Jaguar then :D That sounds like the voice of experience.

Wow, this thread is fun. I haven't heard such passionate "my game is better than your game" arguements for nearly 20 years, when I had a spectrum 16K,and the Commadore 64 came along, at which point I stopped caring because it's just a game, and if it's fun then who gives a $**t if a different game is "more" fun.

Poor guy's thread is ruined now. All he wanted was to buy an old console.

:blush: yep & guess who got a Amiga CD32 on release :blink:

Must admit I'm having more fun on the older machines than the new ones. Bought meself a Vectrex machine about a month ago. It's classic, my mates love it, sitting there trying to beat each others scores on Minestorm.

As for the DC, SORRY ya can't have mine :p , still collecting great schmups for it.

You'll find them cheap enough at boot sales or cash convertors. That will be a top present at a cheap price, should be able to find a bargain mate :)

I think you will find i had all three, N64, PS and DC. DC was the worst, mainly due to the worst controller ever made (now replicated on that thing called the x-box). Dreamcast never had any revolutionising games. some were o.k, none were top notch. The N64 was by far the superior games machine. Just have to mention Goldeneye, Zelda, supermario 64, Waverace, pilot wings, super smash brothers. All the best of the best. Dreamcast lasted two seconds and sold nothing mainly due to the games avaliable. PS had the most games for cheap prices so won the war, but nintendo sold games at £70 a piece and still surived with the worst marketing statergy ever i.e we are the best so we dont need marketing, that was there down fall.

No one ever entertained the DC cos it was poo. And the saturn?!?! ha, wasnt the best game called pandamonium or something (that was poo 2).

I had all three as well and N64 never did it for me - some good games, but certainly not revolutionising. As for DC - Soul Calibur not top notch? Shenmue not top notch? Samba de Amigo not top notch? Marvel vs Capcom 2 not top notch? Power Stone 2 not top notch? :rolleyes: Controller was unwieldy, but I never had any problems with it personally. Can't believe I'm talking to someone who had a DC and didn't love it... it ain't right I tells ya!

I had all three as well and N64 never did it for me - some good games, but certainly not revolutionising. As for DC - Soul Calibur not top notch? Shenmue not top notch? Samba de Amigo not top notch? Marvel vs Capcom 2 not top notch? Power Stone 2 not top notch? :rolleyes: Controller was unwieldy, but I never had any problems with it personally. Can't believe I'm talking to someone who had a DC and didn't love it... it ain't right I tells ya!

I agree with most of what you say. However, regarding the N64 not being revolutionary - it was was the first console to have an analogue control stick, now standard across the board and Mario 64 pushed platformers into 3D. Yes, some of the camera angles were annoying but it pretty much formed the template for every platform game from then on. The engine was later used to much better effect on Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which is still an amazing game.

Most of what was coming out on the PS (and DC to a lesser extent) were just rehashes of existing games types with prettier graphics, or faux 3D with the play locked in 2D (Tekken for example).

The Dreamcast had innovations being the obvious one - online capabilities being the obvious one, but IMO the N64 changed more.

I agree with most of what you say. However, regarding the N64 not being revolutionary - it was was the first console to have an analogue control stick, now standard across the board

Didnt the Saturn come out before N64? cos the saturn had an analogue control stick.