The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone got a dreamcast they want to sell?

rikaz

As title, going to get one of these for my brothers birthday in a couple of weeks as he used to have one and always goes on about how good they were, theres loads on ebay just thought id ask on here aswell.

Cheers

Kev

As title, going to get one of these for my brothers birthday in a couple of weeks as he used to have one and always goes on about how good they were, theres loads on ebay just thought id ask on here aswell.

Cheers

Kev

I'd be thinking off booking your brother in for help, dreamcast good? theres a reason why there are loads on ebay!! ;)

Strange timing, I had mine out for the first time in about 3 years over the weekend.

They are good machines, but were muscled out by the Sony marketing machine. Pretty much every decent arcade game of the late 90's/early 00's has a faithful dreamcast version.

Its excellent for a quick thrash on Streetfighter Alpha 3, Soul Caliber, DOA, Powerstone 2, House of the Dead 2, Sega Rally, Daytona 2000, Marvel vs Capcom 2 etc.

I picked mine up with a load of games brand new for next to nothing when it was on the way out.

Its excellent for a quick thrash on Streetfighter Alpha 3, Soul Caliber, DOA, Powerstone 2, House of the Dead 2, Sega Rally, Daytona 2000, Marvel vs Capcom 2 etc.

All good games! :D

Remember having a great laugh playing Powerstone 2.

Is that why they sold almost none?

The words of the uneducated :p Vauxhall sells loads of Corsas, but would you want one? Honda sold hardly any NSXs -does that mean they're shite? DC was expensive and Sony's hype and marketing machine meant it couldn't compete, same as with the Saturn. I had a Saturn before eventually moving over to the PS, something I always regretted which is why I now have three Saturns :D I bought a DC for £40 new a few years ago, and it's the best £40 I ever spent. Download games off the torrent sites or pick 'em up for peanuts on eBay. Sell my DC? You're having a laugh mate :p Oh, and if you haven't played Sega marine Fishing with a virtual rod, you haven't lived!!

The words of the uneducated :p Vauxhall sells loads of Corsas, but would you want one? Honda sold hardly any NSXs -does that mean they're shite?

What are you on about? Popularity is everything, every song that gets to the top of the charts is obviously miles better than those that don't :rolleyes: :D

Get him a dreamcast and all the toys :cool:

The words of the uneducated :p Vauxhall sells loads of Corsas, but would you want one? Honda sold hardly any NSXs -does that mean they're shite? DC was expensive and Sony's hype and marketing machine meant it couldn't compete, same as with the Saturn. I had a Saturn before eventually moving over to the PS, something I always regretted which is why I now have three Saturns :D I bought a DC for £40 new a few years ago, and it's the best £40 I ever spent. Download games off the torrent sites or pick 'em up for peanuts on eBay. Sell my DC? You're having a laugh mate :p Oh, and if you haven't played Sega marine Fishing with a virtual rod, you haven't lived!!

I think you will find i had all three, N64, PS and DC. DC was the worst, mainly due to the worst controller ever made (now replicated on that thing called the x-box). Dreamcast never had any revolutionising games. some were o.k, none were top notch. The N64 was by far the superior games machine. Just have to mention Goldeneye, Zelda, supermario 64, Waverace, pilot wings, super smash brothers. All the best of the best. Dreamcast lasted two seconds and sold nothing mainly due to the games avaliable. PS had the most games for cheap prices so won the war, but nintendo sold games at £70 a piece and still surived with the worst marketing statergy ever i.e we are the best so we dont need marketing, that was there down fall.

No one ever entertained the DC cos it was poo. And the saturn?!?! ha, wasnt the best game called pandamonium or something (that was poo 2).

I had a N64 but not PS, IMO the dreamcast was and still is a very good arcade games machine.

For revolutionary and in-depth games the N64 was no doubt better, but for pick up and play fun the dreamcast was IMO superior. That is not to say that they didn't both have good games of each type, but that the Dreamcasts strengths were in the the coin-op style games Sega and Capcom used to churn out in their sleep.

Goldeneye is probably my favourite game ever, and the N64 my top console. However, it is the Dreamcast I still enjoy playing more.

I concur about the controller, but that is what aftermarket controllers are for. I've got the arcade power stick, a full wheel/pedal set-up and the gun for my DC, all awesome with the right sort of games.

I had a N64 but not PS, IMO the dreamcast was and still is a very good arcade games machine.

For revolutionary and in-depth games the N64 was no doubt better, but for pick up and play fun the dreamcast was IMO superior. That is not to say that they didn't both have good games of each type, but that the Dreamcasts strengths were in the the coin-op style games Sega and Capcom used to churn out in their sleep.

Goldeneye is probably my favourite game ever, and the N64 my top console. However, it is the Dreamcast I still enjoy playing more.

I concur about the controller, but that is what aftermarket controllers are for. I've got the arcade power stick, a full wheel/pedal set-up and the gun for my DC, all awesome with the right sort of games.

Good post, but i disagree with the aftermarket controllers, they are never as good as the originals even if the original is a 2 feet wide by 4 feet high!!!!

... the originals even if the original is a 2 feet wide by 4 feet high!!!!

Guess who had an Atari Jaguar then :D That sounds like the voice of experience.

Wow, this thread is fun. I haven't heard such passionate "my game is better than your game" arguements for nearly 20 years, when I had a spectrum 16K,and the Commadore 64 came along, at which point I stopped caring because it's just a game, and if it's fun then who gives a $**t if a different game is "more" fun.

Poor guy's thread is ruined now. All he wanted was to buy an old console.

Ok, i'll agree to disagree about the controllers :tongue:

I never use the original joypad for any of the games i've got, mainly the Sega Arcade stick for beat 'em ups.

Takes me back, arguing about consoles. I remember fighting the corner for the 3DO years ago on the school BBS :p

I think of it like this: Dreamcast vs N64 - Predator vs Rashomon. Rashoman is undoubtedly the better film, but which one have I watched more times?

Ok, i'll agree to disagree about the controllers :tongue:

I never use the original joypad for any of the games i've got, mainly the Sega Arcade stick for beat 'em ups.

Takes me back, arguing about consoles. I remember fighting the corner for the 3DO years ago on the school BBS :p

I think of it like this: Dreamcast vs N64 - Predator vs Rashomon. Rashoman is undoubtedly the better film, but which one have I watched more times?

The biggest arguement ever must of been SNES v Megadrive!! I think i remember loosing a few freinds in primary over that!! lol, sad hey

Just have to mention Goldeneye, Zelda, supermario 64, Waverace, pilot wings, super smash brothers.

Still got many of my N64 rom's from when I had one with the Doctor64, and can play them on Project64 emulator.

Goldeneye - it was ok, but how the fsck do you control it all and try and aim and shoot with the joypad I got so frustrated with that and Turok that I couldn't be arsed with it.

Zelda - fantastic, just started playing occarina of time master quest.

Supermario64 - ok, camera angles did my head in at times. Stupidly sat trying to peer round corners.

Waverace - ok for 10 minutes.

Pilot wings - seriously, ok novelty value for a while but not that good.

Super smash brothers - Fantastic multiplayer! :D