The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra accident on 'Team Valley last night

GeordieSteve

ok Ro and co, I read from threads and agreed, please stop the slating game.

others said it before me and nothing was said. Lets just keep it positive that he is coming out of it the same eh??

Yeah, Ro and James - stop picking on Tom

:grouphug: :D

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4998 members + £3 each = one hell of a nice supra TT :D

either that or a supra meet in the hospital car park whens hes up and walking again :)

i dunno im crap a ideas tonight

n00b

well i am up for this, i don,t know the lad, but my boy is 18 he is trying so hard for me to give him my supe, bless him, he knows i am going for a new project soon after this one, but his name is karl also which is bothering me right now, but i can remember when i was a kid and something horrible happened to me, and a lot of people got together and bought me a pooch maxi, a long time ago but will never forget it, now i say yes we should do something, even if (please not) he does not want a supe, but his favorite charity could be the thing, so come on people who can organize this, i pledge the first £100 lets do this, lets show club spirit

ok Ro and co, I read from threads and agreed, please stop the slating game.

others said it before me and nothing was said. Lets just keep it positive that he is coming out of it the same eh??

Bloody hell i'm trying to keep it realistic Tom. Who's slating who? My post wasn't aimed at just you, was just a general comment. It's a reminder that Karl has going through hell at the mo, most likely he won't remember what happened but the sight of 1 supra (let alone dozens) might not be a good idea for a while. Trust me , i know!!!!

Just read this thread and feel so sad. My thoughts are with Karls family and steve and all his close friends. I also feel for the driver because no matter how rash you are you always think it'll never happen to you and I bet there have been times that he wishes he could change places with Karl.

I am saddened by the last few messages and hope that the moderators will delete them before the next batch of printouts.

Any of these ideas are born from us all sat at computers feeling helpless and wishing we could do something, but currently we have to play the waiting game.

Steve, we can't thank you enough for relaying the situation and next time you see Emma, give her a big hug from us.

I have only met one person who has posted on this thread but I am proud to be a member of such a close and warm community and hope, as we all do, that Karl will get a little stronger day by day.

Courage mon braves!

well i am up for this, i don,t know the lad, but my boy is 18 he is trying so hard for me to give him my supe, bless him, he knows i am going for a new project soon after this one, but his name is karl also which is bothering me right now, but i can remember when i was a kid and something horrible happened to me, and a lot of people got together and bought me a pooch maxi, a long time ago but will never forget it, now i say yes we should do something, even if (please not) he does not want a supe, but his favorite charity could be the thing, so come on people who can organize this, i pledge the first £100 lets do this, lets show club spirit

Count me in for any club support...be it financial or otherwise...

You are all such good people on here....

Im sure Karl may need some special requirements of some kind be it financial support, holiday, or otherwise and if we can bring a big smile to the little fellas face one day...then it would be 'our' pleasure too im sure!

You lot are such good people you really are..and his close mates up there too are just fantastic..im so proud to be a member of this site sometimes..just wish i hadn't sold my supra now, i would of driven up for the car park display 100%.(but happy to catch a lift and contribute to the petrol if anyone has a spare seat)

Si

(Group Hug) (-:

I keep checking in to see if there is any news

have to agree, was going to offer a few of us to drive up there and take him for a spin, after all what car mad kid wouldnt want a spin in a Supra, but dont forget what got him where he is now.

Like James said, im sure none of this was aimed at you Tom

Not to put a downer on things but be very careful with these ideas. as Steve said Karl might have brain damage and might not be the same supra mad lad. Even if he is, seeing a bunch of noisy supras might cause a bit of distress as it's no long since his accident. Just be carreful, hearts are in the right place etc

Thats a good point Ro.

THe last thing Karl may want to see is another Supra.

A massive convoy circling the hospital may not have the desired effects.

Ok I've eventually got some positive news for you all!

Emma rang last night and said "the little shit I'm gonna kill him!". pmsl They hospital rang the family last night and said Karls brain pressure had went up to a very high risk 33 and he needed an emergency brain op :( The family were obviously panicing like hell rushing about and the phone rings again.... "hello it's the hospital... naa it's ok it's dropped again" lol Panic over!

Ok the great news... Karl's brain pressure has come down to an incredible 7, he's being taken off the medication and the sedation and being allowed to wake up himself, fingers crossed, over the next week or so. The RVI are coming over today to put the tube in to feed him. As I said to Emma this is the first 100% possitive news we've had so far, she sounded really pleased with him :) He's still in a critical state but we're getting there :)

The idea of a gift is a great idea but I think it's a good idea to hang fire and see how he's going to come out :)

I've just had a few of the old tears there I must confess. One of the lads from that cruise site (don't worry it's not modded 1.0 tin cars it's mainly Jap mobiles) is getting married tomorrow and they've asked for one of the prayers during the service to be for Karl. I've never heard such a considerate, lovely thought in my life.