The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra accident on 'Team Valley last night

GeordieSteve

I have just sat and read the whole of this post and I am moved and near to tears I feel so sorry for the family and Karl I am new here so dont know him but from what you have all said he sounded like really sweet bloke and a good lad who had a passion for cars what a shame I really hope he will recover sending some reiki his way.

It really shows you that were not invincible when so may people out there think they are when they are behind the wheel of a car.

I really hope that we hear some good news what a shock.:(

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a few patients on my ward at the moment that have had part of their brain removed. Recovery is deffinately possible depending on the area of the brain they have had to remove, and yes they will have done it to reduce the pressure and minimize the damage to the surrounding areas. They do this because even if an area of brain is damaged, the surrounding areas can compensate and take over the functions of the damaged part, but if the pressure is too much, it ends up damaging those surrounding areas. Its a major operation removing part of someones brain and although he may be left with problems following, they will be a lot less than if they didnt remove it and the pressure didnt drop.

Everyones thoughts are with you Karl, hope you pull through. Never met the guy but id be up for a convoy up when hes out of intensive care. Im up in Newcastle in August anyway so may pop in and see him then if im allowed.

[sAD][/sAD]

Never met you Karl but I hope you make it through! There is great mkivsupra.net love coming from all members.:grouphug:

exactly, i mean as far as i know Karl didnt even own a Supra but its great everyone appreciates his love for the car and we all stick together. Really nice to see.

damn this is terrible news. i really hope and pray for his quick recovery. theres always hope. inshallah he will recover and be tip top once again.

Reading these posts every day..I'm just looking constantly hoping Geordie Steve is going to say 'Hes out of Intensive care and on a ward and has started to eat etc'....but I guess Im being impatient.

I remember his first posts on here and his cars...infact here it is bless him

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=34609

It sounds like they are doing all they can...so we shouldn't all give up hope for him...

My nephew is just like him just got his first car and wants a Supra...

Come on Karl Mkivsupra.net needs you so ya better get better real soon! I know you are going to make it so hurry up and get better!

Si

(-:

Bad one this, i am a senior charge nurse in intensive care, and have worked in it for 12 years or so, we do a lot of neuro(brain) surgery, hope the lad does ok, but whatever it will be a long road, they are probably reducing the medication to see what brain function he has, and how he breathes etc, which you cannot do with sedation on, it is common for people in intensive care not to absorb feed, can't comment too much without knowing individual cases, but let's hope he gets through it, best wishes to him

Matt

only just read all this, and its so bad,i am a new member so didnt know him, but know 1 deserves that, he wasnt even driving. I have read wot every1 has put about karl and he sounds like a really good kid, so i will also be praying for him and his family, hope all is well n he pulls through, would like to speak 2 him, let me know about that convoy thing.... does any1 have any more news????