The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra accident on 'Team Valley last night

GeordieSteve

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just waiting on the chronicle to post up more details. He would have got off with a warning if he had of kept to his plea of guilty. Instead he changed that to not guilty and just kept saying "no comment". This won him 4 year and caused the family heart ache.

My god who advised him to do that? What a pillock.

I though 4 was reasonable for a remorseful and fault accepting defendent. I take it back he should have had 8!

(Go me on my 12,000th post lol )

TBH, this is a guy showing off in his car with his mate along side him.. that could have happened to so many other people on this forum and others.

The guy didnt want to take responsibility as he clearly wanted to get out of it... but he hasnt and now has to live with what he did to his mate.

Its a shitty situation and a tragic waste of life.

"Larsen has still made no effort to apologise since his death."

Bastard.

Well, hang on. That is just the press, we don't know that is the case. I would imagine that he wasn't allowed to/recommended not to contact the family about it during the case.

I am not sticking up for him or his actions BTW, just we don't know the full story.

Well, hang on. That is just the press, we don't know that is the case. I would imagine that he wasn't allowed to/recommended not to contact the family about it during the case.

I am not sticking up for him or his actions BTW, just we don't know the full story.

It's true. He was at the hospital after the accident, there in intensive care (he visited once) and at the funeral. The family paid him a visit at his house to make sure he was ok (before all this "not guilty" stuff) and he couldn't be bothered

Guest Jarl Ayari

I dont know what to say. I am relatively new here and just read this through. Karl dude, My thoughts are with you right now, R.I.P.

4 years surely isnt enough. I am imagining the driver is still in a state of either total shock or that he is now going through a serious bout of depression. He is prolly thinking that his life should be over and guilt often stops feelings to be shown and words to be spoken.

Please dont think I am defending him or his actions but time will help him come to terms with what he has done.

Like many have said, it sure shows how fragile life is, it could happen to any one of us and I pray it never will. Keep the racing for the track!

Andi

He was spotted doing handbrake turns in a carpark 3 weeks after Karl died

:blink: OMG

when you compare this to the 10 pence story the justice system is very worrying.

Cant believe he has shown no remorse for what he has done and to go repeating your foolish actions just shows he does not give a sh&t

Only just read all this as I was not a member when it happened but I was reading hoping things had worked out.

Like many others before me, RIP Karl.

He was spotted doing handbrake turns in a carpark 3 weeks after Karl died

I am appalled by what I have read so far! He killed his passenger..... end of!

I hope this cnut gets what's coming to him on the inside. I wouldn't show my face in public if I had done what he did. Accident or not, he was reckless and hasn't shown any remorse.....THAT is unforgivable in my book!

Bastard!

H.

Yeah, he'll have a 5 year ban starting from sentencing I guess. so it'll be 5 years - the time he spends in jail, not 4 years or whatever in jail, then have a 5 year ban to face.

sorry I mean as in until they are sentenced they are still driving about. Never thought about it before.

I have just read throught the entire thread. I didnt know the lad at all as it was before i was a member. But he seemed like a top guy and a real enthusiat. He certainly made a great impression on all those who knew him. My heart goes out to his family. R.I.P. Karl.

As for the driver. Words cant describe how I felt when he was spotted doing handbrake tuns in a car park. He obviously has no remorse and probably doesnt even think deep down that he was guilty. What a bastard. 4 years is not enough for someone acting like that. And drive again, never ever should he be allowed.

You see? I thought about posting in the 10p thread about whether his story should be published in mags like Fast Car etc and I was going to say it wouldn't have any effect on the typical boy-racer younger driver.

Most of "us" who read 10p's story were pretty shocked, and I can say it has affected my driving slightly, but then "we" all appreciate our own lives more, the things we've amassed and the loved ones we love. His story was so compelling because it pulled the rug away from all those things we love and that really hit home to a lot of people on here.

Now, I can't speak for this lad in question, but your average tabloid chav teen type doesn't really care about that sort of stuff, possibly thats why prison doesn't seem to deter them, and this lad doesn't seem to have been that bothered by causing the death of his friend. Will a few years in jail change him? Yes, but I'll bet it's not for the better.

Guest boro_andy

Christ, im actually incredibly moved by this story. I genuinely thought a bright outcome was going to happen but alas it was not to be.

Im very new here but what i can say is that this lad was obviously thought very highly of by you guys and you should be proud to call yourselves a club. Jeez its more like a family!! By the sounds of it he was very lucky to have known you all as reading the comments of support you are all diamonds.

My respects go to his family and to anyone affected by this tragedy. Its such a shame to lose someone so young. At times like these it really does make you stand back and re-evaluate the way you drive. Its not big its not clever but we all do it. Things like this are a constant reminder that get it wrong just once and your in trouble.

A terrible waste of a life. I have no respect for the driver, he clearly cannot justify his actions as an accident.

RIP young fella