The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra accident on 'Team Valley last night

GeordieSteve

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes a big thanks to everybody on here karls sister was there day we done this and was fully 100 percent behind this otherwise i would never have been interested to take part.

karl was mad about supras and everytime i got one he wanted to go in one and he has been in a few of the supras i have had even just come and have a look i am also going to take the supra to the funeral tommorrow as this is his favourite jap car just unfortune it it was the car he lost his life in.

Funny story actually:

Spooky but has cheered me up no end. Me and Karl had a little bit of a falling out about xmas time. He borrowed some cash and didn't pay back. Nothing special but I wanted him to learn from it... I've been through debt problems and didn't want him to face the same.

Anyway it's been eating me away that I didn't make things up before he passed away. His dad said today "I didn't know he hadn't paid you back". We'll apparently he'd read the messages and put two and two together and realised he'd not paid me back yet. I told him I just really wish I could have made my peace with him before he passed away (well I did at the hospital but I'd rather have had a man to man). I got a bit upset but managed to hold it all together.

Now I get home tonight and ask Jurgen for the pics he took the other night... he'd sent them to an account I never really check so I jumped on.... mail from Karl!!! It was dated just a few weeks ago with a jokey email. I guess that means he was still ok with me :) Real shocker but I'm taking it as a sign. Cheers smurf ;)

Guest WaZz's WeLsH Gu

hello all i signed up on this site because i head about this topic of another site,its such a sad story and such a shame,my thoughts go out to his family and friends.but i must say well done to u lot wat a great bunch you are especially geordie steve keepin everyone informed day by day well done mate

Or there will be a collection at JAE.

Been to the funeral today.

Big Thumbs to his Mam & Dad and family, especially sister Emma.

1000% keeping it happy, remembering the good times. Steve is still there having a few drinks with the family.

Weather kept off, its been a great day.

Tom

I'm really saddened to hear this story because whether we knew Karl or not he was a car nut like the rest of. Most of us have been near the big one and got away with it, tragically he didn't. It's a very fine line that divides the hit from the near miss. We should remember him because he had our bad luck... we're all still here to enjoyour cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the "summer madness" cruise in Karls name tonight and you've seen nothing like it. The police turned up to direct traffic and the A1 was at a stand still. HUNDREDS of cars turned up and Karl's parents were in attendance. A 100% possitive night. Parents must have been happy... we went over for "one drink" at 8pm and left half cut at 2am! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Supra and it really makes you think. My deepest blesses to Karl and his entire family, as well as you Geordie Steve who has kept us informed throughout and has really been a pillar of strength. Give yourself a pat on the back bud.

I'm new to this forum but without a doubt the bond is closer than close and in Supras we truely are a 'Band of Brothers'.

Has anything been setup in Karls name as mentioned about 20 posts back? E.g./ A cruise convoy in memory of him?

• 1 year later...