The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra accident on 'Team Valley last night

GeordieSteve

Oh thats awful

My thoughts are with his family, I cant imagine what they are going through.

Lawson & family to it's devastating lossing a mate.

GeordieSteve I hope your Ok and thank you for keeping us informed of his situation.

I honestly thought as I checked this thread the lad was fighting through it, and was gonna make it.

Such a shame, such a waste of a young life.

Please pass on my thoughts to his family and reassure them we are all thinking of them.

Guys you should be proud of yourselves the support that has been shown for someone many don't know, including myself is incredible.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ve been checking this thread daily for news of improvement, this is so awful. I really thought things were getting better for the lad. R.I.P Karl, wish I had met you as you sounded like one of life`s good guys. My warmest thoughts go out to his family and all who knew him.[sAD][/sAD]

I'm absolutely devastated to have read that Karl has lost his fight for life, I honestly thought that he was going to pull through after all that he had gone through. My deepest sympathies are with his family, please pass on my sincere condolences.

I think flowers would be a very touching gesture from the club, a discrete tribute to a passionate young member.

Rest in Peace

Mike

This is awful.

Having been away for two weeks I've just read this whole thread heart in mouth as it unfolds, only to have such a sad ending.

Only yesterday I was in the back of a cab in Cyprus commenting on the high number of Japanese cars there. He said they're trying to put rules in place to prevent modification of cars as so many young people are having accidents in them.

It really is such a terrible thing to happen to a such a young person and his family. My sincere condolences to his family.

R.I.P Karl.

I am so very sorry to have had this news in my Inbox this evening. His prospects looked so positive, so its a doubly awful tradegy.

I do hope he goes on to a better place and gets to drive his dream car forever more.

Sad moment. :(

Andrew

PS. Flowers would be a lovely idea. Maybe a thread could be started for people to pay their respects?

Steve,

ask his folks, pretty sure something from the club would be appreciated. And maybe something towards the families favourite charity??

When my mum died , my dad asked instead of loads of flowers to donate to the collection to go to the charity as decided by the family, I for one will add money on the day.

We have all donated to charities and worthy causes through the club so let us know, from reading the posts, could be something people want to do.

What ever happens Karl was a Supra owner, in his heart always.

Offically no but it is on CCTV and from what I hear, the lad will now be charged with death through dangerous

I visited the scene. There is a very big, very fast round about then a left hand turn leading onto the straight (meaning a fast opp lock). Looks like they've cameso fast through the two that they've lost the back end and counter locked too hard, putting the car into a tree. Karl NEVER wore a seat belt (little sod!) but he had one on this day. His sister thinks they had a scare before hand which made him put his belt on

with everybodys support on here am sure we can get a mkivsupra reef made along with a donation to a cchosen charity.

That is an excellant Idea, prehaps the family may have a charity that is close to them, all be it this is not the time to ask.

count me in for a contribution.

I feel it's a small gesture to honour a guy who has been cruelly taken way before his time.

with everybodys support on here am sure we can get a mkivsupra reef made along with a donation to a cchosen charity.

Great idea. Count me in. Hats off to geordiesteve as well for keeping us informed and passing on our well wishes and thoughts. You are a credit to our community sir.

Offically no but it is on CCTV and from what I hear, the lad will now be charged with death through dangerous

I visited the scene. There is a very big, very fast round about then a left hand turn leading onto the straight (meaning a fast opp lock). Looks like they've cameso fast through the two that they've lost the back end and counter locked too hard, putting the car into a tree. Karl NEVER wore a seat belt (little sod!) but he had one on this day. His sister thinks they had a scare before hand which made him put his belt on

I know this is nothing to do with poor Karl, whilst this seems that the guy was out with was driving out of his control spare a thought for him.

He has to live with fact that through his 1 moment of stupidity he has taken away a another persons, Probably a friends life.

I don't think I could cope with that on my hands for the rest of my days.

Karl NEVER wore a seat belt (little sod!) but he had one on this day. His sister thinks they had a scare before hand which made him put his belt on

:imsorry: - poor kid.

I had a feeling it must have been a lamp post or a tree.....very sad...its a reminder for us all.

Death by dangerous driving - how is that treated in the eyes of the law...do they through the book at him - does he get a lengthy sentense or something.

I know this is nothing to do with poor Karl, but, whilst this seems that the guy was out with was driving out of his control spare a thought for him.

He has to live with fact that through his 1 moment of stupidity he has taken away another persons, Probably a friends, life.

I don't think I could cope with that on my hands for the rest of my days.

This is for you Karl, may you rest in peace,

Trapped in the glorious years

within the memory of belief, lost of all grief.

Take the reasons,

which once seemed so clear,

but never mind, you have nothing to fear.

For you our friend will be, forever young,

Forever in the heart of memories.

Lost in the glory of all time,

the wisdom was there within that smile,

You see you could have told us,

there within lies the mystery.

So shed a smile, and grin a tear,

For you my friend, will be,

Forever young, Forever young.

Forever in the heart of memory,

We see not through or misery.

Forever young, forever young.

There's a new angel tonight.

Deepest thoughts with his friends and family.

I hope the other chap doesn't get dealt with too harshly he's being punished enough right now, and will be for the rest of his life.

Good on you Steve, I honestly can say although I have never met ya, don't even know ya, i have huge respect for you. I take my hat off to you sir.

What you have done, and are doing is truley amazing.

Education from owners of Big power cars is a very good idea IMO, I know when I was at school if guys who owned the cars I used to dream about came and talked to me I'd listen.

Awful news, absolutely tragic. I have a lump in my throat just typing this message.

Like everyone here I was praying for a positive end to this story but sadly it was not to be. Please pass my sincere condolenses on to his family and friends.

If there is a fund or donation the club or members can contibute to let us know (be it flowers, charity donation or even assistance with funeral costs)

Steve, it may sound selfish but you should also take some time to consider yourself. The loss of a friend will affect you more than you now realise.

Rest in peace Karl

Darryl