The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oops...

Chris Wilson

Testing at Oulton, my damper adjustments has made the car light under the brakes at the back end, I should have eased more, but I didn't know quite HOW loose it had become. I do now... Lost it into Old hall about 140, scrubbed off some speed doing a 180 degree, but rattled it into the barriers about 120 still.

http://newbury-house.com/oops/oops.html

Broken drivers seat, melted seat belt, few friction burns and grazes, quite a few bruises. Nothng like as spectacular as the Ferrari Enzo pics, but bad enough to hurt the old wallet.

Testing at Oulton, my damper adjustments has made the car light under the brakes at the back end, I should have eased more, but I didn't know quite HOW loose it had become. I do now... Lost it into Old hall about 140, scrubbed off some speed doing a 180 degree, but rattled it into the barriers about 120 still.

http://newbury-house.com/oops/opps.html

Broken drivers seat, melted seat belt, few friction burns and grazes, quite a few bruises. Nothng like as spectacular as the Ferrari Enzo pics, but bad enough to hurt the old wallet.

does this mean you'll put your prices up for when i need you to look at my car next month? :( :D

glad you suffered no more than a few bumps and bruises though.

Ooooofff! And there's me thinking about doing a track day and worrying about pebble dashing my paint work in the gravel! I think I'll just take it easy when I eventually do one.

Glad you're ok and not too badly injured, I'm sure you'll be back on the track soon :)

I'll bring some T-Cut next time I'm round Chris, I'm sure we'll get that out ;)

Well, it's the first on track accident in about 15 years, so on the odds of probability I was due for a whoopsie. I have been getting ball park quotes for 700 labour to fit a new rear 1/4 and paint (I don't touch bodywork, although I can fit a front wing and door OK). As I can probabaly buy a full car for under 3K I have to consider the options.

DO NOT let this put you off track days. I was doing dome fairly serious suspension development work, and I was driving it about as hard as the poor thing would go. I have done maybe 150 track days in the last few years and not so much as cracked a light lens... They are MUCH safer than playing silly buggers on the road, for instance. I was in the medical centre within minutes, and that ain't gonna happen when you stuff a road car into a tree on some country back road, so if you ARE unfortunate enough to have a prang, a race circuit is the best place to have it ;)

Please don't take this the wrong way but that put a big smile on my face. The thought of you giving the Skyline all it could handle is brilliant - great commitment and using the car to the fullest!!!

Sorry about the bruises etc and hope it doesn't cost too much to sort it Chris. No doubt it'll come back better again. :)

Dan

I have been getting ball park quotes for 700 labour to fit a new rear 1/4 and paint (I don't touch bodywork, although I can fit a front wing and door OK). As I can probabaly buy a full car for under 3K I have to consider the options.

That doesn't sound too bad at all.

You didn't get too many dissaproving looks from Mrs Wilson I hope Chris ;)

Good luck :D