The mkiv Supra Owners Club

buying an mx5

miko_supra

Just thought I'd bump this, there's some great info here already and I'm thinking of buying one for myself for over winter(the logic is there trust me :D) at over 6ft though is it going to be a nightmare more me to fit in the thing or can a change the seat and subframe for more room if needed?

Cheers

I'm 6, 2 and seriously chunky! you'll fit in the MK1 no problem, stick a 320mm steering wheel on it and it's perfect. The MK2 is a bit tighter inside and I find it uncomfortable on a long trip but tops usually down and it aint a problem, a hardtop in the winter gives a lot more head room as well.

So what have you done to it? got any pics?

Fitted Tein Superstreets, H&R antiroll bars, Stainless exhaust and decat, Blitz air filter. Removed all carpets and looking for other weighty things to remove. I've just ordered some new 15' rotas and I'm after a Kaaz diff. I'm also debating the early Rx7 air flow meter mod but I want ITB's in the long run.

nice, did they all come with an LSD? and have you been sideways much ;)

Some of the earlier ones came with a viscous diff but unfortunately mine is just an open diff at the mo. This is a bit of a pain in the arse when trying to provoke it sideways as once you get it going from doing a 'scandinavian flick' and put your foot down to get the rear wheels spinning just one wheel spins and the other 'freewheels' and pulls the car straight again. :(