The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PC Guys - Help. InstallShield Error 1628

dandan

Guys,

I'm trying to install my EMU software and keep getting this error after the install completes. It pops up in a seperate window and says the installation did not complete.

I've googled the error and found it's to do with the Installer. I've deleted my temp docs in c\temp and windows\temp. msiexec seemed to always be running so stopped that as well before trying again.

Anyone got any ideas? This is an XP pro OS.

All input appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Could be a dodgy package, does it just run through from start to finish or are you prompted to enter options along the way?

You could try launching the install with logging enabled...

msiexec /i /Lime c:\logfile.txt

Don't kill the msiexec unless it's been sat there for ages doing nothing, it's the thing that's in charge of installing this for you :)

Are you installing from a CD? It might be worth hunting around on it for an alternative setup.exe (or similar) - the one that has been packaged up could be looking for something that isn't there or relying on a particular set of files being present on your PC and falling over if they aren't there. With a manual install or logging enabled this should be revealed more clearly.

Failing that ring Rod Hull.

Thanks Michael,

I've tried installing from the cd and the zip file from Mohd's website, only one setup file I think but will check again.

Install runs fine start to finish, entering serial no of unit and name, company etc. Only at very end does this little seperate window pop up identifying the error occured.

I will try the logging option this evening - do Ijust enter than string of text in start-run ?

How do I stop the logging after I try the install and what do I look for in the log?

That string, with the path to the setup, should sort you out with logging, I'm not sure what we are looking for in the logs to be honest but it might give us more idea about the underlying issue.

If we can access the download perhaps a few could test it?

• 3 weeks later...