The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My fuel system

TLicense

Nice diagram! :)

Why the -10 filter?

Slightly O/T but have you got any prices for each of the fittings yet? Bet those dry breaks aren't cheap are they?

I was just looking for a higher flow filter than stock, and happened accross the aeromotive one. -10 will definitely flow beyond my requirements....

I'll attach a price list. I've worked the costings out using thinkauto.com but yeah it's not cheap. :shock: :faint:

Fuel line price list.xls

Looks good to me.

Are you going to have a way of detecting a single pump failure, i guess a pressure drop would show up on the sensor but would that be enough warning?

Yeah that's exactly my plan. At the end of the day, all I'm interested in is supplying fuel pressure. If one pump fails, as long as the other is supplying enough pressure then it's not an issue. I'm still fairly sure it's possible to hook the AEM up so that if fuel pressure starts to drop off too much in relation to boost pressure then it can compensate with an increase in injector time. I know there's definitely a way to say if the fuel pressure is less than x when boost = y then output a voltage to the check engine warning light. I think it will also be possible to hook this output also to a ignition retard switch input as a safety measure.

-8 dry breaks ehh? Been raiding the parts store Tony? :)

If I was spending that much I'd go for a swirl pot and use the stock in tank pump set up as a lift pump, and use a Bosch 044 as the feed pump. I never can quite get my head around peoples urgency to change the stock fuel rail, in the Skyline world people get really *issed when you point out the internal x sectional area of the stock rail is a large percentage bigger than 99% of aftermarket, brightly coloured ones.. I suspect the same applies with many MKIV aftermarket rails. I'd stay stock myself.

The current draw of your proposed set up needs thinking about.

Thanks for your input Chris,

I hate having fuel pissing out on me when I have to change things. If I could afford, and could work it into the space, I'd have dry breaks everywhere so I could remove every main component without "getting wet" so to speak. :)

I did think about a swirl pot of some kind, but I want to try and keep the car looking as OEM as possible if you see what I mean. Fitting a swirl pot of some-kind would mean comprimising the boot space probably.

The PHR fuel rail is -10, which I'm fairly sure is bigger than stock, plus it enables me to fit a wider range of injectors.

I have been thinking about the current draw, but I've not inspected how the single Walbro I have fitted is set-up, so I don't know what I'm modifying yet. I know it's not stock, and I know it's not right, as it's on all the time when I key on, even if I tell it via the ecu to shut off after say 20 secs if the ignition isn't started (Unfortunately yet another JPS blunder...) As soon as I've had a look as to what's going on here I'll be able to decide how to put it right. However that said, I think I may have read that the current draw of two Walbro's is less than stock??? I'll have to check that but if that's the case, then that would be cool.

Cheers again.