The mkiv Supra Owners Club

it's broken again!

fat_controller

just ragging it through 2nd and the clutch went flat to the floor and wouldn't come back up. i pulled over and the clutch raised up high and wouldn't go back down, it is now half way up and won't go down. i only changed the clutch 2 weeks ago but it did not come with a bearing and the old 1 didn't look to sad so i shoved it back in. just like to know what people think it is, slave cylinder, bearing etc. thanks!!!!!!!!:)

Clutch slave cylinder IMO.... how many miles has your car done? Seals could be leaking clutch fluid. This is when you end up with a pedal that goes to the floor and doesn't come back up. Did you bleed the slave cylinder after clutch fitment? There will be a bleed nipple on the end of the slave cylinder (which is by the gearbox, the rod sticking out presses the clutch fork when you press the pedal... may just be a case of air in the system but if you bleed it and still dont get a pedal then it's likely to be the cuplrit.

HTH,

Brian.

I had something similar on my Westfield V8.

The clutch release fork had been incorrectly assembled onto the bearing & it worked its way loose on one side & bent one of the actuation pins. Result was the same as yours!

I had to take the engine out to sort it :(

well cheers for the imput guys, i'll get the slave bled tomoz. hopefully it aint the poxy fork coz that'll tae ages, i just pray to god it's the slave or master cylinder.

Id take it back to where is was fitted mate, sounds like somethings not been put back right:rolleyes:

What clutch is in it? Did you fit it? If a pull type the bearings probably come off the carrier, or out of the cover, because you put it together wrong. If aftermarket push type could be loads of different things. It won't be ths slave cylinder if the pedal now won't go to the floor with no resistance.

I think I have a slave and a master cylinder here, and the lines between them, etc. if you need a used part.

Sounds like a slave cylinder issue to me though. Unless you relaly botched the clutch install that shouldnt be the problem with not coming back up as the pressure plate will have plenty of power to push back.

May be something as simple as a leak or a lot of air in the line though so check the basics first, bleed the system and see if your problems still exist.

Ben