The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What exhaust to buy? Advice Wanted?

MarkTheBoy

Evening all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question about exhausts for a GZ Auto TT,

I have no preference to whether its loud, quiet, dustbin sized or is a skinny little thing but wondered what you lovely people thought was the best one out there. What do you have yourselves?

I keep hearing about 'super dragger' and various other types but know nothing about the different manufacturers and what actually benefits the car.

Last thing I wanna do is slap a RAGE backbox on it and strangle my engine down to a McDonalds carpark racing saxo kind of BHP :gayfight:

It is currently absolutely stock apart from the wheels, it has both cats still in it and also wondered if it would be a better option to just remove them instead of messing about with an exhaust.

Would love to hear what yall think.

Cheers :)

PS - Good luck to the lads out in Germany!!! :trophy:

I have a Trial Tuning Spirit left over in my garage now if you're interested in that for not a lot of cash? It's very similar to a HKS Superdragger, a real nice deep subtle rumble, plenty of "sound" on full power but not too neighbour annoying at idle.

BL 4". As someone else said - the rest are just drinking straws ;)

You reckon? My Trial 4" cat back (with 4 " DP and decat to follow) is hardly a "drinking straw" lol:d

There are lots of good bits of kit to buy out there, but it depends on what you are prepared to spend.

The BL is a good system, without a doubt, but it can be pricey compared with others.

The RSR is a good catback system if you are on a budget, or there's the Turbofit 4" custom system, which is very good vfm compared with others.

so if i full decat my exhaust it will cause problems?

yeah if your taking both cats out of a tt, you need other parts too - a restrictor ring & a fcd (fuel cut defencer) best one out there apparently is a TRL one.

if you double decat without these it will f*ck your turbos.

veilside titanium weighs less than 10lb and sounds the business BUT is expensive. Most people go for blitz nur spec.

Look up decat or bpu in the search thingy, there is plenty of info, and deffo worth doing for cheap easy way of getting significantly more power

Not with my neighbours m8...:)

That is also true. I got a my first complaint - after parking my car up in the street where I live. And that was 15 minutes after being given the keys by the estate agent!

Still, the BL baffle does quiet it down alot.