The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Broke down in lion enclosure!

lust2luv

OMFG, what a cliche! Went to Longleat yesterday with my g/f and our 4 year old. Was sat getting some cracking photos of the lions in the second lion enclosure of the safari park when a terrible noise starts coming from the engine bay and steam starts coming up from under the bonnet! :shock: :run: Had to frantically sound the horn to get a female ranger in a land rover to come to our aid. She was really cool about it and said it happens 10 times a day - really should have switched the engine off. :blush: Left it to cool for 10 minutes and managed to restart and quickly drive out of the enclosure... into the wolf enclosure! Shit. Managed to nurse her through there too and back to the house. Was all a bit scary at the time though, especially when we started beeping and the lions all sat up and looked over.

Oh, this was in my g/fs Clio BTW, not the Supe! One good thing I'll say about the Clio is at least the horn's loud! I think the thermostat's packed up.

:looney:

A friend's father was going home to Spain to visit the relatives. While there he decided to take the hire car & go to the safari park just down the road to where he used to live.

It was all going well until in a chimp in the large animal enclsure took a fancy to his pipe that he was smoking with the window down. The cheeky chimp did a runner with the said pipe, pi**ing off my mate's dad.

In anger he chased after the chimp in his car beeping the horn.

Big mistake #1. Close by was an elephant with a new calf. This elephant took exception at the noisy car speeding towards them & it began to charge at the car. Mr Forteza, seeing the charging elephant, sh*ts himself & screams the spanish equivalent of "Holy sh*t" and bangs the car in reverse.

The car shot backwards with the elephant close behind, until he reached the gate..... that only opens one way!!

The now mightily pis*ed off elephant came right up to the car, eyed up Mr Forteza, raised its front leg & stamped on the bonnet, leaving an elephant sized foot print in the ront of the car.

Having satisfied itself that it had got its revenge it buggered off.

The park keepers had seen this all on CCTV and quickly came to my mustachioed friend's rescue & he was soon back at their office having a swift brandy or two to calm his nerves.

When he'd finally calmed down enough he thanked the keepers for their assistance & set off for home. What a story to tell the relatives eh??

As he pulled out of the safari park there was a long line of queing traffic. Knowing the back roads like he did, this chap decides to take a short cut & heads off down one of the side roads at high speed.

Unknown to him there had been a collision up ahead and one of the cars had failed to stop. The local Polizi (or whatever) see this mangled car speeding off from near the scene & give chase.

Following a lengthy process of trying to explain the damage to the car & his route home the chap is breathylised..... and blows positive due to the brandys at the safari park.

He spends the night in the cells & is released the next morning, having to return to Spain in a few weeks to face the court. He also has to pay a huge excess on the hire car & endure having the pi*s taken out of him for the rest of his life

Sounds like you got off lightly Lust??