The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Experst about Suspension setup

DannoSupra

Righto, UK Car, 19" wheels, 235/35 and 275/30... What Suspension should i go for.... just to let you know i'm doin about 50mile Max a day, So nothing Spine Shattering... my mates got a 300ZX and the thing is horrible to drive! Damn it's to hard! Tein any good like?

Cheers Peeps!

Edit: EXPERTS even!! ;)

For general road driving I would suggest either Bilstein dampers/Eibach Pro Springs or Tein Super Streets. Both setups give a good compromise between performance/handling and road comfort on UK roads.

By complete coincidence I know a guy who can do a very good price on both too :)

Watch the spring rates, you need something near stock which is 380F and 220R (uk spec) most Jap shocks are for their much nicer roads.

http://www.aragosta-suspension.com if you have the dough and you want the ultimate.

Alternatively you could fit nice new Uk spec toyota struts and use VVti springs which ought to be good for what you describe.

19" rob you of most of the comfort so if its a lot stiffer your beat.

http://www.coilsprings.co.uk will make you whatever you want at a keen price, so you could uprate the springs say 20% and drop 15mm at the front and 20mm at the rear or whatever you like. Just remember its easy to hit a pot hole and have the front RHS wheel burst the plastic inner arch and rip your wiring thats placed behind it apart. Personally i wouldn't get to excited about lowering as it will drive like shit if you drop it a lot.

Now you have 19", trd bushes would be a great help, so would giving it more toe out on the the front, 0 degrees camber at the rear, 1.5 neg camber at the front, and pull the front castor well forward.