The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Credit Card - Recommendations

dandan

Guys,

I have an HSBC credit card which I generally use for internet stuff and when I am abroad - hotel, meals etc etc

I am now looking to get another card purely for business purposes (hotel, meals, possibly flights etc). My company will pay all relevant spending off within a couple of weeks and cover any fees for late payment if they are to blame. I do not intend on using this for my own stuff so on balance transfers are not a requirement. If I am only using it for business purposes (and mostly in the US) can someone recommend a good card wth some sort of reward scheme I can benefit from?

Any input welcomed...

Dan

go for cards with cashback bonuses.... morgan stanley currently do 2% cashback for the first 6months and then 0.5% cashback thereafter.

And the cash back is in the form of cash..they send you a cheque.

:cry: thing is - as soon as you reach your credit limit - the barstewards increase it by another 2-3k :cry: and then charge you an arm and a leg in interest

The best thing I ever did was cut mine up. There are times when I would have used them - especially recently with my new house and everything, but couldn't because I didn't have them there.

Cut them up, all credit card companies are evil, and they should all be destroyed. ;)

They are good if you pay off your debts each month in full.... then you don't get charged interest but you still make the 2% cashback off them.

Just have to remember not to spend money you don't have.

Cutting my cards up was liberating. Its highly recommended. :D

I think most of us have been through it in our lives.

I cleared my debts and vowed never to buy anything on plastic that I couldn't afford to pay off :innocent:

I've got my cards setup so that the full amount is paid by direct debit every month. They're then quite handy for buying stuff online etc.

I know it won't be of any use to most of you ;) but I use a Caravan Club Visa card, every £2.5k gets me a free night on a Club site. (see my garage for details ;))

I buy a lot of business stuff with the credit card, so its more weekends away for me :woot:

BTW, nice avatar Sabrina, is it you? :D

I think most of us have been through it in our lives.

I cleared my debts and vowed never to buy anything on plastic that I couldn't afford to pay off :innocent:

I've got my cards setup so that the full amount is paid by direct debit every month. They're then quite handy for buying stuff online etc.

I know it won't be of any use to most of you ;) but I use a Caravan Club Visa card, every £2.5k gets me a free night on a Club site. (see my garage for details ;))

I buy a lot of business stuff with the credit card, so its more weekends away for me :woot:

BTW, nice avatar Sabrina, is it you? :D

You definately have to experience it to understand that cc plastic is bad, very bad. Still I had fun spending on them back in the day.

Glad you like my avatar, its not me, but we do have one thing in common.............:D

Credit card companies are indeed evil. It took 3 phone calls and a letter to cancel one of mine, after each time I was assured it was cancelled, only to then receive another statement or those annoying bloody "Credit card cheques"...which reminds me, brb...

My girlfriend also thought she'd cancelled her credit card 3 years ago... and recently received a statement with a £50 charge for Payment Protection! Apparently it's payable every three years and if you haven't cancelled that separately they can just reopen your credit card. Luckily it got sent to her parents address but she could have been none the wiser and never known about it and then ended up with bad credit history.

Guest McMsk

"If they can mass produce it- it will change the nature of our world"- BMW M Power Development team in 1991 on seeing the prototype MkIV Supra.

where does this quote come from? Thats a good one..

"If they can mass produce it- it will change the nature of our world"- BMW M Power Development team in 1991 on seeing the prototype MkIV Supra.

where does this quote come from? Thats a good one..

um, I'll hazard a guess here, I think it was the BMW M power division. I would go so far as to say it was probably in 1991 and I bet I can also guess what they were looking at when they said it :D