The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any estate agents here

JamieP

Hello

I am looking to buy a Farm or small holding within 50miles of high wycombe bucks are there any estate agents on here that can help, Or point me in the right direction

i dont care what the house is like as im a builder

problem is my budget is £500,000 max

i found this place with lots of nice properties but there all to far north or to expensive:)

http://www.ruralscene.co.uk/look/frame.asp

my partner is an estate agent - she said that what you are looking for is something that a lot of people are wanting to buy, but not a lot of property with those specifications come on the open market - especially those with land. She said the best website to use would be http://www.rightmove.co.uk - or another idea she suggested (being a farmer's daughter) is to go around the particular area you are wanting to move to & possibly post a note through a few doors - you would be amazed at how many people secure a property in this way (plus you avoid having to deal with the 'dreaded' estate agent). A lot of farmers in the UK can no longer afford to run a 'working farm' - many are in debt & looking for a way out - bit of a random notion, but if you are having no luck, & desperate to move, you might just see the sense in it. PM me if you need any more suggestions, & I'm sure she would be happy to help you.

• 3 weeks later...

Because there are some horrible ones out there. They work on a commission basis and there is a lot of pressure on them to acheive good results at any cost as with a lot of sales jobs.

There is lots of sneaky behaviour.

They (again there are good ones) don't understand the conveyancing process and misinform people when they buy and sell houses which only aggregates situations further.

I think people get annoyed with the fact that EA's earn so much money from little or no work (some don't show people round properties) and still they get 1,2 even 3 or 4% of the purchase price. We had a house the other day where the estate agents were earning £10,000.00 and they hadn't even had a board up at the property!

ok i'll stop now. :)

Estate agents are ok its the buyers that are a pain in the arse, my sister inlaw had 25 offers made on her house before someone stuck to it a brought it, seems to me people just go around making offers on everything

I think the law needs to be changed, something like if you make an offer you have to back it up with a 1% deposit

Estate agents are ok its the buyers that are a pain in the arse, my sister inlaw had 25 offers made on her house before someone stuck to it a brought it, seems to me people just go around making offers on everything

I think the law needs to be changed, something like if you make an offer you have to back it up with a 1% deposit

Were there problems with the house? Seems like a lot of people to drop out? Especially if they'd paid search fees/surveys etc.

Were there problems with the house? Seems like a lot of people to drop out? Especially if they'd paid search fees/surveys etc.

Not that i know of but maybe she did'nt tell me the whole story

My mum has just been though the same problem of people messing her about, she is so sick of it she has took her property of the market now

Not that i know of but maybe she did'nt tell me the whole story

My mum has just been though the same problem of people messing her about, she is so sick of it she has took her property of the market now

The trouble is, because the market is fairly dead at the moment there are loads of houses for people to choose from a 'buyer's market' as such.

These buyers make offer on properties and then find somewhere cheaper/someone more desperate to sell and get a better price. It's a really stupid situation.

The trouble is, because the market is fairly dead at the moment there are loads of houses for people to choose from a 'buyer's market' as such.

These buyers make offer on properties and then find somewhere cheaper/someone more desperate to sell and get a better price. It's a really stupid situation.

Yep, the law needs to change so people cant do this

ie. 1% deposit that is non refundable if you pull out for no reason

Its has to be fair both ways, if the survayors report comes back as the house is falling down then you get your deposit back

Yep, the law needs to change so people cant do this

ie. 1% deposit that is non refundable if you pull out for no reason

Its has to be fair both ways, if the survayors report comes back as the house is falling down then you get your deposit back

It is changing as of next summer. The introduction of Home Information Packs. Basically the seller puts a pack together with searches and a survey in it (they pay for the pack, or the EA's/Solicitors do). Then the buyer sees the property and pack and will be committed to the purchase once they agree to buying it.

This is apparently how it will work but i'm not sure myself.

We'll see what happens, it will probably all go wrong like everything else the government proposes!

Why are Estate Agents hated so much?

The other thing is.. when the 'deal is done' and the surveys are taking place etc. the EA acts as a bit of a go between the buyer and seller, and we found they glossed over/blagged loads of the things we weren't happy with on the survey just to get the sale through...

I think the ones we had we're particularly crap TBH.. but when you've set your heart on a place and then their haggling over certificates and guarantees etc. it's very frustrating...

The ones we dealt with had a bit of 'brash' tone to say the least... lets just say we won't be using them to sell...

It is changing as of next summer. The introduction of Home Information Packs. Basically the seller puts a pack together with searches and a survey in it (they pay for the pack, or the EA's/Solicitors do). Then the buyer sees the property and pack and will be committed to the purchase once they agree to buying it.

We'll see what happens, it will probably all go wrong like everything else the government proposes!

anything would be better than the present system:)

Hehe, you want one done just give me a shout :eyebrows:

>>> Mark's g/f again (EA) - working in an estate agency is difficult because 90% of people you deal with are wary of you before you even get the chance to open your mouth... etc... you're already judged by all past experiences they have had & their family/friends have had

difficulty with the system is that there are LOADS of non-qualified EA's out there, taking your money & giving the rest of us a bad name - if you have enough money to rent an office, you can start an estate agency. I work for a company that is governed by the ombusman & the National Association of Estate Agents. Too many people are misinformed & go to the shoddy EA's who turn up to your house in an Aston Martin with a plastic suit & you spend you're whole time desperate to get them back out the door - avoid these ones - most estate agents who have done the exams & paid the money to be 'governed' will advertise this & I would advise using them. I'm the first to slag EA's off - I hate most of them, but I see both sides. There is an estate agency near us who, when opening a new branch, broke into two other leading EA's offices, bugged their phones & computers & poached all their business. They are still operating, although they have been banned from all governing bodies - & their advertising slogan is 'not all estate agents are the same!' Government is the problem, but they are trying to sort things with HIPS (as Charlotte mentioned) - problem with these is they STILL won't contain planning permission certificates etc... (only if the seller bothers to put them in) so it won't hurry things up, or make it any easier, just means when you want to sell, you have to pay about a £1000 up front) If your property has any problems, or you've got a bad lease, sell before summer 2007. Oh & your searches you'll pay for can run out of date too - so the government have cocked it up again!!

Jamie - you're right too - buyers are a major problem at the minute. The market is very buoyant at the minute but quite a few buyers are offering on 10 properties at a time. I've also worked in Scotland where the system is completely different, but also has it's flaws - we advise on non-refundable deposits, but very few agree down here.

Ok - I'm going on here abit, but just wanted to offer a bit of advice. Oh - too, I work DAMN hard for my money (which isn't a lot considering the hours I work) & there is a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to get a sale through - some can last up to a year, with daily phonecalls & updates & two days before completion some tosser pulls out & you get nothing!

If you need any advice, or help, pm Mark & he'll pass it on to me - I'm one of the honest ones & will give honest advice.