The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PWM For Low Impedance Injector Control

dandan

Gents,

We all know the UK/US cars run low impedance injectors with the resistor pack and the J specs run high resistance without one. Obviously the Jap spec can't run low impedance and the UK/US can't really take full advantage of the low impedance injectors properly and that's why there's a resistor pack.

Does anyone know if there's a piggyback of any sort that can convert the ecu injector output from a simple switched ground of 12v to proper pwm control?

I know the Emanage has potential to convert 2 channel batch fire to individual sequential (equal fire and specified crank angle differences) which is interesting but that's another story.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dan

Guest Terry S

I assume you mean a cheap way of doing it, and if so, no I dont know of one. You could use say a SMC from Autronic to control just your injectors and timing but thats not a cheap option. There probably is a cheap way of doing it mate, but I would want a proven method TBH if it were my car.

I've not come across anything in any Supra related forums that's for sure. In all fairness I doubt there'd be any huge gains even on 1000cc/min injectors on our 3litres.

I am working with a system which will control low imp all day long without resistors and wondered about implementing something similar if there were good reasons to do so. However, there's 3 different settings that all need software optimizing - doing it without software would be a bit too "clunky" and to be fair another piggyback is never a good thing. Anyway, I'm running 750cc injectors on a 1400cc 4cyl motor - PWM and accurate control means she idles and tips in/out like a dream though. :) It just got me thinking that's all.

Terry, slightly OT, how much for a set of 680 or 720 in high/low impedence?