The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adding a second fuel pump for big turbo upgrade

TLicense

Cheers guys for your inputs.

I think what I'm going to do is similar to Ian's set-up, but I will go dual pump and T into a -8 in the tank, run that to a single filter, and then, again similar to Ian, T it back to -6 fittings which will each run to one end of the rail, and then run a single -6 back. Sound reasonable?

Ian, do you remember what length of -8 you needed to run from the tank to the filter? 3 metres?

Cheers guys for your inputs.

I think what I'm going to do is similar to Ian's set-up, but I will go dual pump and T into a -8 in the tank, run that to a single filter, and then, again similar to Ian, T it back to -6 fittings which will each run to one end of the rail, and then run a single -6 back. Sound reasonable?

Ian, do you remember what length of -8 you needed to run from the tank to the filter? 3 metres?

I measured 10 ft approx 3 mtr, will know the exact lenght this weekend.

Ibrar,

With the -6 return line, how are you going to plumb that into the tank? Isn't the 90 coupling that goes through the cover molded into it? I can't tell from the photo's/diagrams I've found.

Also the lines inside the tank, my gut feeling is braided hose isn't such a good idea. Would something like the aeroquip starlite rubber hose be better once inside the tank?

Cheers,

I never measured the -8 hose length :( You need a bit more than you think to get it around the rear subframe.

If you put your "Y" section immediately after the stock fuel filter mounting location, though, you'll need 80cm of -6 to reach the front of the fuel rail, and 46cm to reach the back.

-Ian

I've just added up the total cost of the fuel lines. Including a 1 x wlbro pump, and 1 x aeromotive fuel filter it's come to £654!!!!

Then there's the cost of the HKS rail and 800cc injectors on top of that.

All in all, it's looking at being about £1500!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Ibrar,

With the -6 return line, how are you going to plumb that into the tank? Isn't the 90 coupling that goes through the cover molded into it? I can't tell from the photo's/diagrams I've found.

Also the lines inside the tank, my gut feeling is braided hose isn't such a good idea. Would something like the aeroquip starlite rubber hose be better once inside the tank?

Cheers,

Tony I would also like to know the answers to your questions, as I will be doing my fuel lines this weekend and just checked my pump ( TDI pump, previously fitted) has 1/4" outlet and my fuel line is 1/2" (-8), at what point should the fuel line be connected to the pump? also what size fuel filter do I require?

Guest Usmann A

blah to al l this measureing. I ran mine with 5 metrer roll, and andgle grinder, and a small bench to make the fittings up as i went along. The most PITA job ever i think i had todo. :D

from experience if you get the intake rubber hose from ur new pump, it can split sometimes, so i got a proper one from THINK and had then put nice new brass fittings on each end.

Tony I would also like to know the answers to your questions, as I will be doing my fuel lines this weekend and just checked my pump ( TDI pump, previously fitted) has 1/4" outlet and my fuel line is 1/2" (-8), at what point should the fuel line be connected to the pump? also what size fuel filter do I require?

1/4" is -4. I don't know what size the hose through the top of the pump hanger is. I've been told what you can do is grind the 90 hose off, and then drill through, and use a bulkhead fixing. You could then use a -8 to -4 reducer (you may need to step from -8 to -6 to -4, depends if you can get a -8 to -4 reducer) and use some -4 hose from the reducer to the pump outlet. As far as I can tell, the only way to secure the hose onto the pumps is by a jubilee clip, which is pissing me off really, as what's the point if you're putting decent connectors everywhere, if they're relying on a poxy old jubilee clip to hold the hose onto the bloody pump to start with! :(

The hose through the hanger though isn't a problem for me as I've ordered a pucka two pump hanger from WOTM. :)

As far as length's go, I bought 3 metres of -8 to go from the tank to the filter. I've not measured it up against the car, but I think I maybe should have gone for 4 metres, as it just doesn't look enough, especally if there's trick things that need to be done to get around the sub-frame. I really will be upset if it's too short, as it's bloody expensive stuff at £23.88 a metre.