The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bank charges

suprasport

just had a good look around this site BRILLIANT the banks havent got a leg to stand on in all the caes not one bank has gone to court they have all settled out of court. barclays -llyodds -abbey, im coming to get my money back .wheres that turbofit number

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to get £75 back from Sainsburys for Credit Card charges, they replied saying that I had signed the terms and conditions and to stop moaning (not in those words). I cant be bothered to start court proceedings though. Never mind....it was worth a try.

dont be fobbed off the contract is iilegal go on the site. go in chat and ask they will guide you.

what the banks have to prove in court isthat it cost them 30 quid to bounce a cheque/direct debit etc. and they cant

I agree that some charges are too high but I do think people should get some sort of penalty for spending money they haven't got. I'm sure alot of people spend until their card gets rejected and they don't care what their balance is.

I'm sure this is mainly the pikey scum so I think anyone with the brains to do one of these claims deserves their money back.

What penalty do you think the banks should enforce when people miss payments on say a credit card?? A letter?

hi feakin, pleased to see you have joined :)

please post in the forum as well, members are rising nicely but we are a bit short on content lol :p

i do agree that some people bring this on themselves but the charges we are claiming back are not particularly for spending money they havent got, as charges are generally for not providing a service as opposed to providing one.

ie. not paying a cheque or not paying a direct debit, fees for setting up overdrafts an the interest applied to that overdraft are totaly lawful and we do not contest this in the slightest.

if a bank was to honour a direct debit for instance when there were insufficient funds and then charged a fee for allowing this then once again i would agree as you are expecting someone else to pay your bills and should pay for that. as stated earlier the charges we are helping to claim back are for not providing a service, which with todays automated services and postal costs, would cost at the very most £2

hope this answers your question.

Guest dee_rz
Ive paid the bank a small fortune this year alone but im crap with doing things like this how do i do it please. could you pm me and explain please

can someone pm me the same info and i'll send them letters straight away :)

can someone pm me the same info and i'll send them letters straight away :)

just register on the forum in my sig and all the help is there along with all the template letters as well as any advice. and a step by step guide. all i ask is you post what your doing so other people learn and pick up on your experiences, but that bit is your choice.

Go onto the site provided mate theres legal forms you can send them. Yep I agree charges for unpaid items are silly. And also when you get a charge because of a charge. However when money is spent in say Sainsburys and its not in the account the banks sometimes have to honour this as it doesn't come out of the account straight away. Maybe all banks should do a totally free 50 pound overdraft as it seems silly when people get charges for going over a couple of pence. But then you'll always get the people who use that 50 every month just to spend.

Seems to be a lot of supra owners with charges!! Too much modding.

Guest dee_rz

i hardly ever get charge but i can recall a few and if i can get that money back i can't complain, i will register tommorrow and print everything out and send as i haven't got much time at moment.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd pump this post... wrote to Barclays last week and received an apologetic letter within 2 days saying it had been passed on to head office. On Tuesday I received a letter from head office full of apologies and promising to sort it ASAP. They thanked me for informing them of their "mistake" and they'd be in touch no later than the 21st of Sept

hi, i have won against the repo company. got letter to sign them of the house today, also recieve a cheque for 2k from natwest business account for full payment. gained a default judgment against natwest business card as well they have paid up in full. :D

another member with a 9k claim has just been offered 4.5k she is rejecting the offer :p

Brother-in-law has also just been offered half his claim.

Gonna find the next letter down the line for him.

Then I've gotta drag my lazy ass out of the arm chair and look through my statements... :)

hi, nice one. has he started a court claim?

there is a choice of three letters refusiing the partial settlement.

let me know if you need help.

:)

site is getting bigger now covering loads more t6opics, and claiming back early redemption penalties on mortgages as well as tons of advice, on all sorts of issues, and tips on saving money. main site is www.consumercorner.co.uk

Apparently they are claiming that the half they are not paying are in the Terms and Conditions.

Is this a normal tactic?

Will get a copy of the Letter tomorrow.

they mean one of two things either:

they dont agree and its in the t&c's but here is a gesture of goodwill

or

the oft said £12 is fair so here is the rest.

either way its crap and you will get the lot :D

• 3 weeks later...