The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ODO Reading?

JamesArup

Evening all,

When I bought my car it had done 45,625 miles, but I swear that it's still counting up in KM's. I've only had the car about 2 months, and my drive to work each day is about 8 miles (round trip). My mileage now reads 48,700. There is NO WAY I have done 3,000 miles in 2 months! I did 7,000 miles a year in my old car covering the same distances! :conf:

I know the clock was adjusted because when I took the dash out, the original value in KM's was written ontop of the ODO unit (70,000 odd km's). Is it possible that the display has been correctly adjusted to show miles, but has been counting up in KM's ever since?

Cheers, J :cool:

Originally posted by Paul

Mine counts in Miles :p cause it's a UK spec!!:D

Another to add to the list.

Paul

And not too many , noticed how sllllooooowwwww the speedos and odos work in a UK , Rev counter seems slower than a J-spec as well !!!!!:cool:

Dude:flame Dev

Well done Pete your a star.. at least I know how to get the dash off now if nothing else... Does anyone have any step by step guides for the Supra with pictures. When I had my FTO there were a few useful site that had Haynes style how to change a spark plug etc.. which was nice.

I bought my import with 65k miles on the clock. I noticed i was doing more miles to work so took the dash off, as you do. I then found out that my ODO had not been converted to miles, just a bit of black tape over the KM light. Quite happy with that as now my car has only done the equivelent of 45k or so.