The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Squeaky brakes

JohnK

Just recently my brakes have started squealing under light breaking, Im pretty sure its coming from the rears and it doesnt do it as much when its raining.

Ive just had the wheels off and the pads have plenty left on them so its not the wear indicators.

The fronts are new (disc and pads) I fitted a few months ago and are still fine.

Any ideas what it can be?

Sorry Ian couldnt help it !!!!!

Difficult to say as i changed the brakes to UK spec at the same time but everyone who drives the car now raves that the brakes are a lot better , i seem to have a lot of 'feel' for whats going on now and CW's front pads are awesome , cant wait to change the rears as well !!:cool:

Dude:flame Dev

Very funny, what no clutch pedal? :D

Removing the shims for me was like getting a new brake system, I couldn't believe the difference. Then I added braided hoses and a Motul 600 flush and now I've warped my front disks again :music:

Bargain upgrade for UK-spec brake owners, it's under £100 :eek: and transforms the car.

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

Removing the shims for me was like getting a new brake system, I couldn't believe the difference. Then I added braided hoses and a Motul 600 flush and now I've warped my front disks again :music:

Bargain upgrade for UK-spec brake owners, it's under £100 :eek: and transforms the car.

-Ian

Does it actually stop better, or does it just feel better?

Originally posted by Ian C

-Ian

No ive got 2 clutch pedals , one in each of my 6 speeds , i'll have a sit in em when i get to work and see if i can figure out how to drive em :D

Dude:cool: