The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Injector Identification

dandan

Are UK and JDM injectors physically identifiable other than by colour?

UK 550cc - Lilac

JDM 440cc - Grey

Is it possible that a set of Grey injectors could actually be the larger size or is the coulour a totally reliable i.d. method?

Can anyone give me some i.d. no's off uk injectors to see how they differ to jdm specs.

I understand the Mines ecu has handle the larger injectors but am not sure if all Mines equipped cars should and do indeed have the larger injectors.

Anyone with a Mine's ecu care to tell me their inj colour?

The lugs where the wiring connector attaches are in a different place - you have to cut them off the UK spec injectors to be able to plug them in. But as far as I'm aware, the colours are specific to the injector sizes.

I happen to have a 440 sat here, it's part number is 23250-46040. The 550s have a different part number, I *think* it's 23250-46060 from memory but I could be wrong.

Sounds to me like you've got 440cc injectors and are hoping they are 550's :D WOuld a Mines ecu be underfuelling by 20% if they are set up for 550 injectors but actually have 440's?!

Oooh, another way to tell would be - have you got a resistor pack somewhere in the engine bay? You need one for the 550's, but don't for the 440's.

-Ian

Thanks for the reply Ian, much appreciated.

Mine are grey and I have no resistor pack anywhere so unless by some major fluke there are some high impedence grey 550's about then I'm on 440's. Highly doubtful

I was considering the underfuelling question regarding Mines and 440's but am not sure if all they're ecu's are mapped for 550's or if it was an option. I did ask dude about his change to 550's so keen to see what he says.

At 1.09 bar boost my actual afr followed this rough pattern:

2000 14.7

3000 14.2

3500 13.5

3750 11.5

4000 12.2

4500 11.2

5000 11.3

6000 11.2

7000 11.1

Definately not lean at all under boost and this is with stock pump and regulator. Bit of headroom left for boost increase to 1.2 bar which is reassuring.

Eyefi, when you say it can be mapped what exactly do you mean?

I got the impression you could purchase a Mines ecu with the injectors and it will be custom mapped to those injectors.

I didn't think anybody could (aftermarket) map the Mines unit in the UK, is this not the case. If that is true then fitting a SAFC or similar would not be required when upgrading injectors in a car with the Mines ecu.

Thanks for the reply,

Dan

what i meant, though didnt explain very well, was that the ecu was available with a variety of injector sizes, including 440's, so a mines ecu doesnt mean u have bigger injectors.

whether the maps r flashed to rom or a chip swap, i dont know. ive never heard of a mines ecu outside of japan being reprogramed. im sure mines do (did?) a custom mapping service, but thats no good unless yr car is in japan. they do offer an ecu trade in when u buy their injectors.

ive come across alot of skyline owners with this ecu (uk/oz/nz) and the problems that come with it outside japan. i'd try and contact some of them to find out some good solid info. alex holdroyd did alot of research on this ecu a while ago, but he no longer posts here. i think he had contact with someone in the uk who used to work for mines.

have u spoken to mines?