The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any plumbers?

JamieP

is it true that plumbers get massive money if so why doesn't everyone do it?

Yeh i can vouch for that :D , im a Corgi reg gas engineer as well .

I think that people tend to turn there noses up at manual workers , its not a clean job , but your never short of work plus copper seems to off gone up in price massively so you can earn maybe £100 to £200 in scrap per week on top off your wage !

Know a bloke who worked down south for a few months earning £3000 a week doing plumbing and heating jobs !

Know a bloke who worked down south for a few months earning £3000 a week doing plumbing and heating jobs !

Aye I've seen them on that House of Horrors set up show on ITV ;) :D

I heard summit on the radio the other day and it was last years best job to do or summit (pay/work etc...) this year its a train driver I think.

Yeh i can vouch for that :D , im a Corgi reg gas engineer as well .

I think that people tend to turn there noses up at manual workers , its not a clean job , but your never short of work plus copper seems to off gone up in price massively so you can earn maybe £100 to £200 in scrap per week on top off your wage !

i fancy a pop at that where do you start iv seen them crash courses but i cant see how they can qualify someone in a week??

Lui is a plumber too... He aint cheap thou, he does work for HRM the queen etc. Last i heard he fitted her new boiler in Windsor castle.

HTH

my services are available on a daily rate of £150.00 p/h same level as all your top solicitor bods out there :D :d :D

so how did you start how long does it take?

I joined British Gas , did my apprenticeship with them which only took a year , they just train you to pass you ACS so your corgi registered , did all my appliances there , fires , boilers , warm air , cookers , w/heaters etc

and unvented cylinders .

Stayed with them for another year and then left to work for a smaller company who sub contract to powergen .

Central heating engineer by trade but plumbing is easy enough to pick up ,

Everybody knows us gas engineers are the clever ones :D :hide:

I joined British Gas , did my apprenticeship with them which only took a year , they just train you to pass you ACS so your corgi registered , did all my appliances there , fires , boilers , warm air , cookers , w/heaters etc

and unvented cylinders .

Stayed with them for another year and then left to work for a smaller company who sub contract to powergen .

Central heating engineer by trade but plumbing is easy enough to pick up ,

Everybody knows us gas engineers are the clever ones :D :hide:

lol so an application form for british gas is the way in? im serious about doing it im only 23 so want to start something i can use full time and stick it:)

lol so an application form for british gas is the way in? im serious about doing it im only 23 so want to start something i can use full time and stick it:)

Sure , BG is a good starting point , great training but after that it wasnt for me . you earn more working for smaller companies .

Try and get an application form but they dont take many on , installing or servicing ? i chose installation but can happily service most appliances its just fault finding id struggle on (Just tell em they need a new one LOL)

Put an advert in your local plumb center saying you want an apprenticeship , at 23 your a spot on age as your not as likely to f#ck about as a 17yr old might do !

Sure , BG is a good starting point , great training but after that it wasnt for me . you earn more working for smaller companies .

Try and get an application form but they dont take many on , installing or servicing ? i chose installation but can happily service most appliances its just fault finding id struggle on (Just tell em they need a new one LOL)

Put an advert in your local plumb center saying you want an apprenticeship , at 23 your a spot on age as your not as likely to f#ck about as a 17yr old might do !

i will do thanks very much for the info mate much appreciated:)

I find installation is too much hard work. Its ok if its combi for combi but how bout taking a back boiler out and putting in a combi! :hide:

Fault finding is my strong point. I find you have to use your brain more too ;)

Id recommend getting your yellow pages and try going through all the heating companies and see if theyre taking on apprentices :cool:

I find installation is too much hard work. Its ok if its combi for combi but how bout taking a back boiler out and putting in a combi! :hide:

Id recommend getting your yellow pages and try going through all the heating companies and see if theyre taking on apprentices :cool:

will do thanks:)

my services are available on a daily rate of £150.00 p/h same level as all your top solicitor bods out there :D :d :D

I did a job for my soliciter a few weeks back, he said to me he wanted a price, i said nah ill do what you do and make up some joke of a figure and give it to you when ive finished:D

Working out existing systems and what the muppetts have done in the past requires some brain power , combi for combi yeh dream jobs good money and only a few hours work !

Back boiler for combi , i dont mind either , at least no external wall to brick up . Solid fuel boilers , removing them is a very messy job ! Only ever done a handfull thank god.

Working out existing systems and what the muppetts have done in the past requires some brain power , combi for combi yeh dream jobs good money and only a few hours work !

Back boiler for combi , i dont mind either , at least no external wall to brick up . Solid fuel boilers , removing them is a very messy job ! Only ever done a handfull thank god.

well i dont mind hard work or getting my hands dirty so i should be ok.