The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Alloys on Ebay - Relist

DannoSupra

yeah, i know it 'appears' daft, but im basically checking that these are 'actually' UK wheels as in from a UK car like

all to easy to easy to make the mistake and id be pretty fucked off to find out they were J spec but 'in the UK'!

ok well technically there isnt such a thing as UK wheels.

There are 2 standard wheels 16" wheels and 17" wheels.

17" are referred to as UK wheels because they were on all UK models.

Whether from a UK model or a JAP model the 17" wheels are identical and as to speak 'uk wheels'.

I have 17" standard alloys and would refer to them as 'uk wheels'

Few questions if had already about the wheels

Here's one i cant answer:

Q. Would you be willing to send these wheels to Finland if I pay the postages? I have been looking for there wheels but can´t get them here in Finalnd. Btw do you know does the UK spec and Euro spec (German) have the same wheels?

A. ???

17 inch Toyota rims fit all models of MKIV across the world.

Just for information there are at least two different types of 17 inch rim, the differences are behind the centre cap and on the inner rim. One type has a milled inner rim and a flat centre. The other type had a smoother inner rim with strengthing bars running acroos the inner rim and multiple reinforcing pieces round the bolt holes behind the cap.

I dont know why Toyota made two types, Both look the same on the car. The others must be lighter. I have both sets I'll weigh them and find out. The ones you are selling look much stronger. I suspect the stronger heeaver ones were designed for the UK market as they know our roads are crap. They dont think we look after our cars either, thats why they stuck steel turbos in the UK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.