The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decat Fitting Guide

JamesArup

Hey Guys,

I have used the 'search' and pieced together bits of info, but does anyone know of a 'fitting guide' for the CW decat pipes anywhere?

Either that, or does anyone have any pointers/advise after fitting them themselves? Mine will be the first Supra that my guys have worked on (in a mechanical sense as opposed to bodywork) so I want to give them as much of a heads' up as possible of any pitfalls. Any fiddly or confusing things they should be aware of. How long should it take to fit both pipes?

Cheers, apologies for any dumb questions (probably all of it :innocent: )

J :cool:

Originally posted by JamesArup

Hey Guys,

I have used the 'search' and pieced together bits of info, but does anyone know of a 'fitting guide' for the CW decat pipes anywhere?

Either that, or does anyone have any pointers/advise after fitting them themselves? Mine will be the first Supra that my guys have worked on (in a mechanical sense as opposed to bodywork) so I want to give them as much of a heads' up as possible of any pitfalls. Any fiddly or confusing things they should be aware of. How long should it take to fit both pipes?

Cheers, apologies for any dumb questions (probably all of it :innocent: )

J :cool:

They are more than welcome to ring me and I will talk them through it. I have "a few" now :-)

All fitted sucessfully today :cool: . Thanks for your help Chris, I believe the guys phoned you up for a bit of advice ;) .

It seems that I already had the first CAT out anyway. There was just a short downpipe with a flex section in it .... but no sign of a CAT?

Anyway ... First test drive went something along the lines of: -

1st - Vroom, wheelspin

2nd - Vroom, wheelspin

3rd - Vroom, wheelspin

4th - Vroom, wheee - damn, roundabout, gotta stop!

Return journey, into 3rd, foot down - JEEEEEEEZUS!!! :conf: :eek: . I was too scared to look at the boost gauge for long, but it was at 1 bar when I glanced down at it, so I think I've got away with the possible overboost problem. Roll on the Summer and dry roads, or RLTC if my parents have taken my unsubtle Xmas present hints :p

Cheers, J :cool: