The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new beast?!??

Guest Flat4_ire

Guest chiefvinso
:) Happy birthday.

Of course you know that bikes are incredibly dangerous things. Advising fart4 to 'give it beans' and making no protection sound like a cool thing wasn't great advice.

Migster and Rob Oldham are in wheelchairs because of bikes. I've lost a couple of mates to bike accidents.

What do you think nowadays when you see somebody on a decent bike in shorts and trainers? It shouts "Dumb Newb" doesn't it?

My message wasnt meant to come across as cool so I apologise for the wrong wording. Like I said I soon realised after a few side winds in the states about what if. But the idea of a sports bike is to have fun but be sensible too, we do it in our cars - ok the risks are lower but its still a risk etc.

Sorry to hear about your friends. So in short I wasnt trying to promote what I did as being cool.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The colours look original - but only up until the P3 model - last sold prior to March 1999.

After that the red was a metallic and the graphics were different. Also form the P4 model, (1999 on) the seat unit was the same colour as the rest of the bike.

Most obvious though is that from the P4 onwards, the frame should have been black - not silver!

I think the 'P' number makes up part of the frame number from memory. Check this one out carefully mate!

As for comfort - I rode one from Norwich to Stranraer a few years ago on my way to the NW200 in Portrush, NI. It was so much fun I didn't notice the comfort side of things!

:) Happy birthday.

Of course you know that bikes are incredibly dangerous things. Advising fart4 to 'give it beans' and making no protection sound like a cool thing wasn't great advice.

Migster and Rob Oldham are in wheelchairs because of bikes. I've lost a couple of mates to bike accidents.

What do you think nowadays when you see somebody on a decent bike in shorts and trainers? It shouts "Dumb Newb" doesn't it?

Well said, my little brother was involved in an accident and ended up with one leg shorter than the other, 10 minutes of fun a lifetime of pain

Guest Flat4_ire
i think james is right, they never made that colour in a 2000, it might just be late registered

il find out anyway, it wasnt always registered in ireland, came from uk or japan,it is very clean anyway and i doubt its dodgy in any way shape or form but thanks for the heads up guys!!! ;)

Isn't it something like you lose 5" of skin per second on a 50mph fall? Not nice. I intended to use my bike as a work horse and keep it nice and gentle... that lasted best part of a week lol

That's what leathers are for!

Anyway, didn't anyone see what I said about the colours etc.?

I went through all the colours etc with a fine tooth comb before buying one brand new in 1999. The models with the purple seat units didn't come out of the factory at all after the P3 model. The P4 went on sale in early 1999. From that model onwards the frames were ALL black.

This bike is at the newest a late P3 which I reckon would be likely to put its manufacturing date at 1998.

No way in this world it was 2000 I'm afraid.